On this day in 1933, the Lone Ranger made his first appearance on a radio show. He would later get a television series, as well. The character didn't exactly look like Mack there, but I could definitely see him taking down bad guys. Or just Kevin whenever he pisses him off.
Today was also the day of the school review meeting in the episode "Fizz Ed," but shhh--don't tell anyone!
I should also mention that one year ago today, Daria made a cameo appearance on the TV show Robot Chicken. I think the less said about that one, though, the better.
- At the Crossroads... (Chapter 5), by oni (part 1): "Judy came to the door and opened it, revealing Sandi on the other side. 'Hi Sandi, you’re here pretty early,' the mother said. Trying to put on her best smile, Sandi replied, 'I know. I just thought I’d get a head start on the day.'"
- The Author as a Lesbian, Season 5, by DeacBlue (parts 6 and 7): "'The case of the United States versus Morgendorffer, Lane, and Burns, parties, come forward.' When they had seated themselves at the defense table, she briefly read over the particulars. 'Your clients are being charged with polygamy, Counselor,' she said to Bill Tweed. 'How do they plead?'" (Part 7)
- Homeless Daria Episode 4: Cafe Dispossessedo, by RX-87 (part 4): "'So...' she sighed, turning to her friend, 'What do you suppose happens now?' 'Nothing good.' Daria moped, shaking her head, inwardly debating which prospect was more terrifying: prison, or her family being called."
- Idiot or Savant :: After the Disaster, by Fhujeth_x (part 1): "Tiffany sat alone in her room, staring outside the window. The raindrops subtly fell on the panes of glass, speckling them with long-forgotten memories of the before time. Each drop that hit the window gave Tiffany an even more and more somber feeling as she stared at the absence of life outside."
- Imaginary, by ThanatosRW (COMPLETE!): "I freeze for a moment as I see her on the edge of the crowd. I see her cold eyes staring at me, judging me, criticizing me, before she stomps off. If I had shown any reaction to her presence, no one picked up on it as they kept on yammering about superficial stuff like upcoming sales and garbage and an invitation to join something called the Fashion Club."
- John Lane 52: From the Last Step to the First, by RLobinske (part 6): "John said, 'Do you need any help with dinner?' 'Thanks for asking, but I have this under control,' Helen said. 'It should be ready in about half an hour.' 'Cool, then,' John replied. Daria said, 'See you then, Mom,' as she and John left the kitchen. Helen watched them leave and smiled to herself. 'All three of them found something to do for the summer without any prodding. After all these years, I think I can call this a success.'"
- Lawndale and Sandi Griffin’s Genie (Chapter 6), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 5): "'If we stay next to each other, we can watch out for each other,' she said. 'Good point!' Stacy said. She stepped closer to Daria. 'But not too close,' Daria said. 'Please?' 'Fine.' 'Thank you!' Daria sighed."
- A Mothers Love, by ash_blackfire (part 1): "Quinn started to cry into Jakes chest as they all gathered around the bed. Jake holding Quinn and Amy holding onto Daria and Amy and Jake holding each others hand. All comforting each other as they watched the one they all loved slowly fade away." (Part 2)
- Quinn's Code 05: Morgendorffers vs. Amazon, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (COMPLETE!): "'So, Daria, how was school?' Helen asked when she had finished handing out the lasagne. 'Let's see, the usual happened, and oh, yes, the Modelling Classes were mysteriously canceled,' Daria said with some disembling. Helen and Quinn exchanged a look. Daria noticed it.'You had something to do with it, didn't you?' 'Some things are meant to be mysterious, Daria,' Quinn said."
- Quinn Spirit Detective, by Reven384 (parts 6 and 7): "'But if she’s a demon doesn’t that make her dangerous for Daria?' Quinn asked. 'We need to investigate,' Botan said, 'I know she’s a friend of your family, but we can’t trust her at her word.' 'There is no need for that,” Jane said surprising both of them, 'I’ll give you the answers you want.'" (Part 7)
- Ring-a-Ling, by Doggieboy (part 5): "Cindy finished typing out a report of a property damage automobile accident and sipped from a cup of coffee when her phone rang. Automatically, she picked up the receiver, put it to her ear and said, 'Lawndale Police Department, Officer Lewis speaking.' There was a hesitation, then a woman’s voice said, 'I want to report some obscene phone calls.'"
- The Skelton Girl, by oni (part 1): "'Students,' O’Neil begun in his over enthusiastic way, 'we have a new student among us, please meet Mandy Peterson.' He then turned the students’ attention to the goth girl at the front of the room."
- Unnamed story (Crossovers Still Crossing Over), by Grifter74 (COMPLETE!): "Camera rushes through the streets of MegaTokyo. In the back ground is the Genom Tower. The camera stops and zooms in on a club. The sign says Hot Legs. The camera goes inside. In a small room behind the stage, we see Daria dressed in a red leather skirt and bustier as she adjusts a blonde wig."
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fanfic should have: Last Friday Night!), by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): "'I accept your challenge, old man,' said a dark-haired young man, stepping forth from the crowd and strutting to the small fence. A quick jump later and he was inside the circle of fresh earth that the gardeners had used to plant the young tree near the crutch."
- With An "Uh", And An "Um", by mmmdraco (part 17): "Trent pointed out the remote control on the coffee table. 'Feel free to watch TV. I'm gonna head up and tell Daria to get the money in cash.' 'What do you have against me, Trent? You're acting like you don't like me. I don't get that very often.'"