Jesse's playing a round of golf in honor of Tiger Woods, who was born on this day in 1975. I'm sure he'll be joined shortly by Jake, who loves to play golf but rarely gets the opportunity, and Jodie, who's been forced to take golf lessons by her parents for reasons too stupid to get into right now.
We're nearing the end of the year, and that means it's time to start thinking about nominations for the 2014 Daria Fanworks Awards! Read the rules and discuss written and visual works in the threads.
- Ah, Hell, by metameric1 (part 25): "Daria brushed a lock of hair out of his face as he lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling. He'd picked that up from her, something that she did as long as she could remember when she needed to figure something out and hadn't yet gathered up the energy to actually get up and face the world."
- "Aw Mama...Can This Really Be The End?", by Scissors MacGillicutty (part 32): "Little Natasha Larimer could hardly fit both her hands around the grip of the Glock G20 in her Hello Kitty backpack but once her hands were on it, she could draw, aim, and shoot it with speed and accuracy."
- A Considerable Amount Of Paperwork, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Quinn looked up from the inches-deep pile of papers next to her. 'Does anyone have an extra-fine point market that I could borrow?'"
- Just trying to read Waif, by Bill Bruford (COMPLETE!): "Legs crossed, elegantly reclined on the living room couch. No sounds were being made except for the page turning every now and then."
- Outclassed, by Kristen Bealer (part 2): "She was expecting geeks and misfits. She was expecting complete and total lameness. She was expecting tedious boredom. She did not expect to see Stacy Rowe staring back at her."
- Sisters and Friends, by metameric1 (part 23): "'Have you found any possible digs for you and Annie?' Daria pulled the pizza out of the oven, setting it down on the top of the stove to cool a little. 'You're kinda cutting things close.'"
- Sitting on the Sidelines, by JoeMerl (COMPLETE!): "When Evan was a baby, his father Andrew's fondest wish was for him to be a football player."
- Star Trek: Daria - Resurrection, by echopapa (COMPLETE!): "'Yep, typical Jane,' Daria said aloud. 'Here I am in the 24th Century, and I can have everything I ever dreamed. The only thing I can't have is you.' The door chime brought her back to reality, and she could hear her roommate in the next room talking to someone." (Part 17)
- Star Trek: Emerging Enterprise, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "Kazza put her hand on the scanner plate, and her house door opened. 'Welcome home Karen, you have zero messages from your contacts and 1 million messages in your bulk folder,' the computer said. Kazza knew what those million messages would be – spam."
- Unnamed story ('Iron Chef' for Robyn & all comers - 'The First Ten Minutes'), by Vukodlak (COMPLETE!): "'Gah' Daria woke to a sudden ache in her abdomen and lower back."
- Waking Up with That Weird Feeling ('Iron Chef' for Robyn & all comers - 'The First Ten Minutes'), by DIsaac (COMPLETE!): "Daria woke up, Mouth dry, hungover. She decided that celebrating her freedom from Raft in Vegas was in order."
- What Are Eyes The Window to, When The Soul Seems to Have Departed? ('Iron Chef' for Robyn & all comers - 'The First Ten Minutes'), by 45Ranger (COMPLETE!): "Daria's eyelids snapped open. Her eyes, however, saw nothing."