Saturday, October 19, 2019

Abandon All Hope!


Daria's just revisiting an old scene from the computer game Daria's Inferno, which was released on this day in 2000. I have a copy, but I won't be playing it if only because I still get pissed off when I think about those steam tunnels.

Today is also Evaluate Your Life Day, so you should consider Jake's advice: "You walk away. You change your name, move to another state, get some ID. It's not too late to start over, Daria, it's not too late! You're still a young man! You don't have to live with your mistakes! Get out while you can!"

On second thought, maybe you shouldn't consider Jake's advice.

Fanfic Update!
  • Aunt Infinitum, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "Skip was busy chanting 'Go Grizzlies!' when Amy marched over and snatched the microphone out of his hand. 'Hold on,' she interrupted. 'I want to say something.'"

  • Cancerous Like Me, by Lady Evil (part 4): "Sandi lay in her bed with her laptop and looked at the photos the Fashion Club had sent her. She sighed longingly at how the rest of the club had turned a bald girl with weak eyelashes and a too big nose into someone almost good enough for a fashion club junior league."

  • Daria Ravenclaw: The Year of the Owl, by Meester_Lee (parts 14 and 15): "'Farrah still hasn't called or written me,' Daria wrote in her journal. 'I'm still feeling miserable. It's not just that I've had a falling-out with Farrah, but I don't know if I can still talk to Mr. Skein and I feel cut off from Laura and the Penricks. I still like Laura. I miss seeing and talking with her and I worry about how she's doing with the cancer.'" (Part 15)

  • Erin Chambers, by OzFerret (part 30): "Erin was already halfway through her breakfast when her alarm went off. Her hair still damp from her early morning shower and toast still in her hand, she silenced the alarm. She regarded the clothes laid out on the bed."

No comments: