Jake's got a very special birthday greeting for Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was born on this day in 1947 and is perhaps best known from the Terminator movies. Then again, maybe Jake's just finally going after that damn sadistic waiter and his lousy "decaf" coffee.
Today is also International Day of Friendship, so Daria and Jane should get together for some pizza and Sick, Sad World. Unless Jane's still upset about the Tom thing, in which case she may decide to borrow one of Jake's guns instead.
- Daria: College Pains The Sophomore Year, by James the Lesser (part 10): "Trent sits on the airplane next to Lindy as they fly over the Pacific Ocean. 'This is a really long flight.' He looks out the window and sees perfect blue waters for miles."
- Dear sister, my best friend, by 11tee (parts 1 - 5): "Jake hung up the phone; he felt like he had been sucker-puunched. This was not how the separation was supposed to work." (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5)
- Freaking Out, by bhut (COMPLETE!): "The night at the Zen was noisy and loud. The fact that it was the Mystik Spiral that provided the entertainment contributed to that factor a lot."
- Kindness is its own reward, by elainefr (part 1): "She stretched languidly on the porch as she enjoyed the morning sun allowing the light to warm her in the coolness of its rise. This was a time she enjoyed so much."
- Lawndale's Finest 3: The Brave and the Bold, by NightGoblyn (part 5): "'I had an interesting conversation with Dr. Klein today,' Elaine said. 'We can talk about it in the car, she has another test she wants to run. Well, we both do, actually.'"
- The Legend of Korra: First Contact, by echopapa (part 1): "'It's not that, Chief. It's...most urgent. There is something that you need to hear. Please come at once.' Beifong sighed. She had a feeling that she would definitely need a Healer after this meeting. 'On my way, Mister President.'"
- Night Witches, by Panzerfaust 150 (part 9): "Daria awoke from her Air Force issue cot for the fifth time that night, or as she glanced with a scowl on her face at her Timex watch, morning."
- Two Lives in Lawndale (Write-Off Challenge 1.2!), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "A young woman with a dyed-pink pixie cut, tattooed from head to toe and with enough piercings to set off a metal detector a mile away entered Axl's Piercing Parlor. Axl himself was slumped over his counter, flipping lazily through a two year old National Geographic magazine."
- With Little Consequence, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Tom paced around the expansive area that served as Jodie’s private laboratory; in the center of the room, Jodie sat between a small desk and a table, never lifting her eyes from a monitor screen on the desk as her fingers moved with purpose across keyboard before her."