Mack is looking fairly content as Sitting Bull on the anniversary of the Battle of Little Bighorn, which happened on this day in 1876. If General Custer was anything like Kevin Thompson, then I can understand Mack's good mood here.
Today is also the anniversary of the episode "Boxing Daria," which aired on this day in 2001. There weren't any epic battles or charges, but Daria did end up in a horrific multi-car crackup, whispering Tom's name over and over in a desperate bid not to slip into a coma. Oh, wait. That was only in Tom's imagination.
- And You Are? (Iron Chef : Daria and Helen have the same age), by neonhomer (part 2): "Helen sat up, and shook her head, trying to clear the fog in her mind. 'What a nightmare!' As she forced herself to focus, she could see she was sitting on what seemed like a park bench. 'Where am I?'"
- Cops And Robbers And Magic, by psychotol (part 28): "'We got all but twelve of them,' said Chris Haggard. 'What do we reckon they will do?' asked the superintendant."
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (parts 16c and 17): "When they reached Sonora, they didn't go directly to their motel; instead Jake drove to the caverns. The caverns weren't actually in the town of Sonora, but west of it. To get to the Caverns, they had to drive west of town on Interstate 10 for 14 miles." (Part 17)
- Decisions, by elainefr (part 16): "'I have something to tell- well, show you- and don't freak out okay?' Daria said into the phone that she held level with her face."
- Fates Entwined, by Deep Metal (part 3): "'Hey Ted,' Daria stepped into the gym. One of her classes that day had been canceled due to the instructor getting the flu."
- Finding a Needle (Hiding in Plain Sight (Alternate LLH, Plot Bunny to Kill)), by RLobinske (part 1): "Michael Fulton used a long-handled gripper to pick up the scrap of paper and bring it to his left hand at the opening of the collection bag resting against the leg of his Ark Museum uniform."
- Of Inhuman Bonding, by Kristen Bealer (part 3): "'...and no one told her! She did the entire interview with a giant hunk of spinach wedged between her teeth!' Helen was almost bent over with laughter. 'I can't imagine why she's never mentioned that part of her precious Rosalynn Carter interview!'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef), by Two-Eyed Charlie (COMPLETE!): "Superman: 'It's just what we feared everyone--Darkseid is on his way to Earth!' Aquaman: 'That galactic tyrant's thirst for power is unstoppable! But why Earth? Why always us?'"
- Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover, Part XIV: The Crossover Awakens!), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "In the dark of night in the local cemetery, which for a town like Lawndale had a surprising number of mausoleums and marble tombs big enough to sit on."
- The Witches of Gideon Thurber High (Hiding in Plain Sight (Alternate LLH, Plot Bunny to Kill)), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Everyone was actually stunned into silence when she walked through the foyer of Gideon Thurber Preparatory Academy that Monday morning."