Sports Illustrated's anniversary on this day in 1954. I think this is one publication that both Kevin and Upchuck would be interested in, and it's not often that those two have anything in common.
Today is also Bratwurst Day, so maybe Jake can start up the old grill and maybe, just maybe, try not to set dinner on fire. He'll likely have better luck with that than with today's other holiday, National Tell a Joke Day. Stick to the grilling, Jake.
- An Artist's Commission, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'You're Jane Lane, right?' Jane didn't even bother to look up from her work. 'You want to talk to either Daria or Charles. She's got the afternoon off, and Charles is in a teleconference with some National Legion chapter heads. You didn't check before you flew in?'"
- The Black Sheep, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Zachary Joseph Howard hated the Legion. Not disliked them intensely, or loathed them, or abhorred the ground that they walked upon. No, it was far, far deeper or more fundamental than that." (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5)
- How cliche could you get?, by starwater09 (part 1): "All that could be heard all around her was loud screaming from cheering fans and clear drunken madness from college kids. One day Daria will look back on this day and still not understand how she ended up where she is now."
- Like People Who Talk, by MarinaTheBloody (part 1): "'So how real do you want this real talk to be?' Trent was leaning back in a metal chair outside of the cafe in a place neither of them lived, her visiting Jane, him coming through on tour."
- Star Trek: Voyager: What a Choice Leads To, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "USS Voyager was still in Borg space. In her quarters, Kes was thinking. The transformation she was undergoing was beginning to become dangerous. Dangerous enough that permanent damage could be caused to Voyager."
- Unnamed story (Hiding in Plain Sight (Alternate LLH, Plot Bunny to Kill)), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Daria - Melody Powers - rested on the couch. She felt that she was growing into the role of Melody - and she didn't like it."
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "Stacy lifted herself away from the back wall of the shooting range, her eyes wide. 'That... is amazing.'"
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Roentgen (part 33): "Clifford Fetty always believed in re-investment. There was nothing that he really needed for himself, anyway. He couldn't have cared about fashion, or fine foods, or other things that the rich douchebags of the world cared about. To him, the money was always a means to the end."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): "Daria looked at the books. Then at the clock o her desk 00:58 She remembered, some time ago, that she had told herself that she would go to bed at midnight, regardless of how much reading and studying she had done. But now she did not want to go."