Alfred Joyce Kilmer, who was born on this day in 1886. I'm not entirely sure why the writers went with Kilmer for the library name, although it's possible it has something to do with the lone tree growing on the library property. Any ideas out there?
Today is also the anniversary of Altamont, the free concert that ended in deadly violence. According to Jake, he not only attended the concert but somehow got a refund. I wouldn't mind seeing a fanfic based on Jake's experience at the concert, but perhaps some stories are better left to our imagination.
- Band of Mothers, by Kristen Bealer (part 1): "Quinn pulled into the driveway and parked. She checked the social media apps on her phone one more time, then eyed the house in front of her warily and wondered if she could come up with a last-minute excuse to bail. God. I'm feeling pissed off and I haven't even laid eyes on Sandi yet. Next time we get together, I'm smuggling in booze."
- Come Together, by Brother Grimace (parts 1 and 2): "No one saw the small, saucer-shaped craft simply flow into existence, as if it was heated wax that poured from nowhere into an invisible mold set perfectly atop the plateau and became a perfect form in an instant." (Part 2)
- Dylan, by J-D (part 37a): "The girl in the row in front turned round to look at them. 'Didn't you make the video about the Kris Brocklethwaite story?' she said. 'What', said Dylan. 'Are you talking to us? I don't like the sound of that.'"
- Harry Potter Morgendorffer, by Meester_Lee (parts 15 and 16): "The fuss about HJ's scar now behind the Morgendorffer family and the remainder of the fall term at J. Frank Dobie Elementary School went by without incident. HJ and Daria applied themselves with connecting letters with sounds, symbols with numbers, and stringing letters together to form words and were soon reading and doing arithmetic at levels well beyond many of their school-mates." (Part 16)
- How cliche could you get?, by starwater09 (part 5): "'Hey Daria how's your day been?' Alex asked as she approached her friend in a bit of a huff. To Daria Alex looked exhausted but that was to be expected since she did have two tests plus an essay due that very same day."
- Prometheus/Lingchi, by LongSnakeMoan (part 3): "The shadows from the soft light of the skittered and shifted from the breeze through the window, beeps and the rumble of trucks a distant soundtrack. The precious picture lightly gripped in her left hand, Jane used the right to scratch the fuzz on her head, the bristles oddly reassuring."
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Roentgen (parts 66 and 67): "Daria had prepared the way ahead of time for Tom's return to Camp Legion. He arrived in Puerto Rico and immediately went to work. She started him on the 'heavy lifting' duties and figured that for the first few days he could work alone under the direction of the SPC and the Corps of Engineers." (Part 67)