Mr. DeMartino is wishing Christopher Walken a happy birthday, as the actor turns 71 today. Considering DeMartino is supposedly based on Walken, this seems appropriate. Also, anyone who enjoyed Walken's appearance on the music video "Weapon of Choice" may like Peetz5050's fanart by the same name.
Today is also a double episode anniversary, as both "Malled" and "The F Word" aired on this day in 1997 and 2000. Daria succeeded in failing to keep her lunch down at the Mall of the Millennium, although I'm pretty sure that wasn't intentional.
- Loose Ends (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part III), by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "'So,' Tom said to break the ice in the rather chilly dining room. 'So.' Elsie agreed, staring back at him over a glass of brandy. '...So Mom and Dad are dead.'"
- The Only Pair, by SentrytheDefiant (part 7): "'Erin's finally getting a life of her own.' One can only hope she doesn't take after her mother, Helen thought bitterly. 'I can't believe it. Little Erin getting married. She's not rushing into this I hope.'"
- Out of Place, by PrecambrianStudios (part 5): "'I'm serious! It's not like we're going to go back and it's the apocalypse or anything like that. Worse case scenario, we go back and we've been missing for a while.' 'No. Worse case scenario is we never leave.'"
- Reclamation, by SacredDust (part 1): "Things had not worked out with Jane. There were a number of reasons, but Tom chalked it up to natural differences."
- When Gay Marriage Bans Go Horribly Wrong (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Huh, Daria?' Jane asked as she stared at what was going on around her in total shock."