Quinn is looking as artificial as ever in this alter ego, which celebrates the doll Barbie's launch on this day in 1959. Just don't take her out of her original packaging. Not because it would damage her value as a collectible but because this way you can't hear her chattering about fashion and dating.
Also, today marks the anniversary of the first airing of the episode "I Don't" in 1998. Aside from the general WTF of Lawndale High holding a bridal expo, it was a pretty fun episode. Also, it ended in a rare moment of Jake Triumphant. Atta boy, Jakey.
- Daria and Trent Forever, by malakite (part 4): "Daria awoke to the scent of breakfast. Her father was scrambling up some eggs-Jane was obviously still asleep.She noticed a lack of any sign that Mom had been home, but was diverted when he asked her if Jane would be having breakfast too."
- Genderflipped Confessionals, by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "DARIUS: 'I swear that Li thinks that 1984 was an instruction guide.' JOHN: 'Oh relax. This isn't so bad..."
- Once You See, by lulamae-golightly (COMPLETE!): "Despite Helen's reluctance, Stacy stayed with the Morgendorffers. For a week, there was an odd silence in the house. Quinn's absence hung in the air all day, reminding everyone that she was gone. It hurt." (Part 10)
- The Only Pair, by SentrytheDefiant (parts 3 and 4): "'No! No, you can't do this!' She screamed. Her father had a firm hold on her upper body so all she could do was kick at the open air with her converse sneakers. She was defenseless." (Part 4)
- Out of Fashion, by Kristen Bealer (parts 1 and 2): "She glanced at her sister. The only thing that club had done was make Quinn even more shallow and popularity-obsessed than ever, and she had seen firsthand how much it had sabotaged all of Quinn's attempts to actually use her brain. I could push Quinn into fixing this, she realized. But should I?" (Part 2)
- A Real (Dead) Boy (1,001 Deaths of Tom Sloane - Part II), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "Tom slowly made his way back upstairs after another date. The evening seemed to have gone well, but he was tired and looking to get some rest. He opened his bedroom door and went for the light switch, but it wouldn't turn on, no matter how much he tried."
- Regular Daria, by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "It was a beautiful day in High Hills Park, complete with twittering birds and a gentle breeze, and Daria and Jane were hating every second of it. Again."
- Sisters and Friends, by metameric1 (part 20): "'Very cool, Red,' Jane nodded approvingly as Quinn proudly showed off her new pair of sunglasses. They were cool."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Lawndale Confessional), by macross (COMPLETE!): "The Confessional room door slams open and in walks Mr. DeMartino with a tired expression. He sits down on the stool in front of the camera, pulls out a pack of Marlboros and lights one up. He closes his eyes while taking the first drag then slowly exhales before looking up straight at the camera."
- Unnamed story (The 1,001 things to push DeMartino off the edge), by Indigo (COMPLETE!): "Anthony DeMartino was a little happier than usual today after Brittany Taylor had informed him that she would be dropping History class for extra cheer leading practice now that the expanded squad was competing in contests instead of just cheering for the Lawndale Lions."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Kay made some small talk with Daria as she entered the mud room of the Sloane Mansion. 'Tom wasn't expecting you today. He's not upstairs.'"
- What If, by SentrytheDefiant (COMPLETE!): "I never imagined my first kiss. I didn't spend my free time thinking about fictional romantic partners in 'magical' situations. But I did always believe it would be something worth remembering. Unfortunately, it would be for all the wrong reasons."