Penguin Awareness Day! I know people say that Sandi can be cold, but I think she's taken it too far this time. Did Waif say that feathers are in this season?
Today is also the anniversary of the birth of director Federico Fellini in 1920. Fellini is best known for indirectly causing the downfall of Jane and Tom's relationship and precipitating The Kiss...and some award-winning films, I guess.
- A.R.C Chapter 10 Imprisoned, by ST91 (parts 7 and 8): "That afternoon Charles tried to behave as if nothing had happened. He did his homework and then read a book. However every time the phone rang he would sprint like a hunting dog to answer." (Part 8)
- But You Don't Like Anyone (Iron Chef: Daria the Unreliable Narrator), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "'Daria? Is that you?' 'No, I'm a decoy to flush out assassins,' said Daria, a little brusque. Amelia laughed at the joke anyway. 'I was afraid you weren't coming. What's new?' She became aware she was rubbing her arm a little too much."
- Erin Chambers, by OzFerret (part 17): "Erin felt a surge of relief as Gregor answered the phone, 'The Erin! How is Gregor's third favourite straight girl?' Erin grinned at Gregor's usual extravagance, 'I have got myself in trouble.'"
- Jane's Procrastination, by TheBrodsterBoy (COMPLETE!): "It was a fine day at Laaawndale High, well, maybe not fine. The weather was pretty shite. That's not the point. The point is Daria and Jane were walking and Daria was speaking to Jane about the week."
- A Musician's Life is Such a Drag (IC: Random Alter-Ego Tales), by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "'Trent?' 'Mmmf.' 'Trent!' 'Zzzzzzz.' 'TRENT!!!' 'I swear, the cow was tipped over when I got here! Oh, hey Janey. What's going on?'"
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen (part 162): "Mack sat with Sandi on a bench located on the Arboureum Floor. The smell of fresh tree permeated the air and Mack remembered when he leaned up against one of the trees and ended up with a hand covered with sap."
- Winter Is Coming, by Meester_Lee (part 10): "The cordless phone rang while Ben was watching the sports channel in the living room. Jakey and Helen were running errands and their two daughters were visiting friends. Little Rikka was upstairs. He turned it over to press the 'ANSWER' button and glanced at the telephone ID. He'd guessed wrong. It was Mom."