Today is John Joseph Lydon's 55th birthday! You might know him better as Johnny Rotten, the lead singer of the punk band the Sex Pistols. Kevin is punking it up specifically for the occasion.
This birthdate is particularly relevant to Charles RB's God Save the Esteem series, in which Helen, Jake, Quinn, and about 80% of Lawndale are into the punk scene. If you aren't reading it, then you should. Right now. Or else "Killer" Quinn will headbutt you into next week.
For everyone else, here's the fandom news update:
- You have until 11:59PM (23:59) UTC tonight to vote for the 2010 Daria Fanworks Awards! Hurry!
- Deref has posted some dates for his upcoming Dariacon. Will you be able to go?
- Daria was featured on an episode of Robot Chicken. Fan reactions are mixed at best.
- Erin M.'s fanfic character Judith may be crossing into a new genre!
- Two new Iron Chefs in the Creative Writing forum: Erin M.'s The Inedible Adventures of Captain QB! and Vukodlak's Jakes Trash Freakout: Esteem Edition.