According to legend, Joan of Arc was born on this day in 1412. Joan achieved feats of teenage rebellion that Daria could only dream of, and was mentioned in "Arts and Crass":
- Jane: You're a real Joan of Arc, you know that?
Daria: Yeah, and I think I just ordered a stake.
Also on this date, ice skating champion Nancy Kerrigan was attacked in 1994. Quinn, on the right, isn't likely to let a serious knee injury keep her from kicking the competition's ass. Just look at that game face!
Hey, a post about both stakes and skates! That's really neat if you're as easily amused as I am!
- The countdown continues for nominating works for the 2010 Daria Fanworks Awards.
- Wouter has started a random post YouTube clips thread. Share your favorite videos there!
- Three new Iron Chefs in the Creative Writing forum: 10 Things I Hate About You, Dieselpunk Daria, and The Blanket Scenario.
- ticknart reminds everyone to vote in the current Write-off Challenge!