Thursday, January 6, 2011

At Least No One Set Nancy on Fire!



According to legend, Joan of Arc was born on this day in 1412. Joan achieved feats of teenage rebellion that Daria could only dream of, and was mentioned in "Arts and Crass":

    Jane: You're a real Joan of Arc, you know that?

    Daria: Yeah, and I think I just ordered a stake.

Also on this date, ice skating champion Nancy Kerrigan was attacked in 1994. Quinn, on the right, isn't likely to let a serious knee injury keep her from kicking the competition's ass. Just look at that game face!

Hey, a post about both stakes and skates! That's really neat if you're as easily amused as I am!

Fandom News:

2 comments:

jtranser said...

Skates and Steaks!! Talk about your edgy restaurant concept! I can see it now: your server does a triple axel and hands you your hot juicy Porterhouse! I like it!!

Kristen Bealer said...

Works for me! :D