Gone with the Wind had a very unhealthy relationship. Still, the book was published on this day in 1936, and considering how often the book and/or movie were referenced on Daria it would be wrong not to mention it today.
This is also the anniversary of the episode "The Big House," which aired on this day in 1997. I still want to know the story behind the "No pimple pads in the toilet" rule.
- Changing Lanes, by midnightabyss86 (parts 3 - 5): "'Oh, so that's what you meant,' said Stacy, who was looking through Quinn's closest for an outfit to borrow for tonight's party." (Part 4) (Part 5)
- First contact, by OzFerret (COMPLETE!): "His heart pounded in his chest, drowning out all other noises. He shook his head. 'How was he supposed to listen for intruders with all this noise?' he wondered."
- My Breast Fiend, by Smijey (parts 4 and 5): "Darius opened the front door reluctantly, as he always did on school days, and was surprised to see Jane standing there in her running clothes. 'Hey, Darius!' she greeted, in a tone far too cheerful for before noon. 'Today, I'm going to help you start training your speed!'" (Part 5)
- Options, by Brother Grimace (parts 7 and 8): "'Get up, small person.' Julia Carlyle opened her eyes, and saw - for the last time - the sun shine into her dorm room on the tenth floor of Schmidt Hall... her home, more or less, for the last five years." (Part 8)
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen (part 130): "The Ad-Hoc Committee on Admissions to the Legion Academy met. They had received hundreds of applications from metahumans all over the world. From this list, they would have to whittle the final number down to just twenty-five."