Boy George is, but he sure seems happy as his alter ego on the singer's 57th birthday. Don't get me wrong: I doubt Kevin has anything in particular against new wave, but his musical tastes run more along the lines of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall."
- bones cast in a little low, by ashleykay (part 4): "The rain stopped suddenly late on a Wednesday afternoon. As if the sky had choked and stuttered. And the weeks of wet flooded earth was a mirage."
- Burned Out, by Wrabbit7 (part 11): "Daria flipped on the TV, and was treated to a whole twelve seconds of Alanis Morissette's Ironic video before the signal was lost, to be replaced with static."
- Coffee, by Zetor (part 2f): "Taking Stacy's lighthearted response as a cue, Daria kept up the shift in mood and dryly joked, 'So, do we have time for another movie, or did revealing our deepest secrets take up too much time?'"
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (part 41): "The Morgendorffers pulled away from the curb, turned left, then right, then turned left again and onto the main highway leading out of town. There was a sort of finality to this visit, and Daria wondered if she'd ever see Coalton again."
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen (parts 126 and 127): "Brittany Taylor dropped by the office of Magnolia 'Mags' Regmond, formerly of USAES, the Air Force, and the Pentagon (MAJ, Ret.) Mags was now the public relations officer for the National Legion Chapter One." (Part 127)
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Szcz (COMPLETE!): "Helen Morgendorffer disliked to go to an office, so she has chosen the work at home. It could be described as living in an office through, because her home was the Lawndale Social Re-adaptation Centre."