Queen Elizabeth II's coronation on this day in 1953. I'm not sure what kind of queen Brittany would be, but I think her very first act would be to demand that any stupid, insensitive, selfish, conceited, cheating quarterback jerks be immediately beheaded.
Today is also National Rocky Road Day, and if you want to celebrate then I suggest you find Mack the Ice Cream Man and put in an order. He shouldn't be difficult to track down; he's wearing one of those little hats and ringing that bell that goes ding-a-ling-a-ling-a-ling. A-ling.
- Cuckoos On Infinite Earths, by Charles RB (part 17): "Every since Kristen had reported her suspicions, she'd been getting a lot more work in the really complicated doomsday realities - why were there so many damned Crossed? - and Janice-101.303 seemed to still be around."
- Daria and Quinn's Incellent Adventure (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "Jeffy kicked back on his couch, glad to be spending time with some of his fellow Lawndale alumni. 'So guys, how's the new sex redistribution and forced marriage laws working out for you?'"
- Daria Milieu Something Slimy, by Meester_Lee (parts 4 and 5): "Coach Gibson having squashed Travis Two's fun, the two groups of students went back waiting in line and talking with each other in lowered voices, the Lawndale students talking with other Lawndale students, the Highland students talking with their fellow Highlanders, and occasionally exchanging glares at the kids in the other line." (Part 5)
- Fear and Trembling, by Two-Eyed Charlie (COMPLETE!): "Tim O'Neill sat under his tree, watching a crowd approximately three times the size of the town finally disperse from the school's entrance. There was a throbbing bruise someplace on his body from where his method of navigating life got thoroughly sucker punched."
- First contact, by OzFerret (part 1): "His heart pounded in his chest, drowning out all other noises. He shook his head. 'How was he supposed to listen for intruders with all this noise?' he wondered."
- My Breast Fiend, by Smijey (parts 1 and 2): "Jane and her new buddy Darius were sitting together in the lunch room, enjoying what the school charitably referred to as food. 'So, Darius, why don't you see me as girlfriend material?'" (Part 2)
- Redemption, by atimnie (part 31): "Helen and Jake walked up the path to the door of the funeral home, when Helen stopped suddenly. 'Jake, I don't know if I can do this.'"
- Reflections, by Lady Evil (part 16): "Jane was used to Jesse being quiet, but now, it disturbed her as he drove her back to his house. 'Did he leave a note?' she asked. 'Yeah.' 'Did it say where he went?' 'No.'"
- Second Chance for Love, by David Falkayn (part 15): "'Ummm...baby...' Angie stammered slightly as she and Elizaveta walked together in the park holding hands. 'What, szereto?' Elizaveta asked, 'Is something wrong?' 'I don't know.' Angie sighed, 'Maybe.'"