National Running Day, but I think just about every day is National Running Day for Jane Lane. Except when it's National Eat Pizza and Bitch about School Day.
I doubt Jane will be interested to know that today is the anniversary of the first drive-in movie theater, which opened eighty-five years ago today, after her bad experience with Nathan. Of course, I'm pretty sure back then the kids watched actual movies at the drive-in instead of swing dancing.
- Daria in Cyber Commandos of 2007, by Kuriamo22 (COMPLETE!): "In the year 2007 among the nuked out wastes of the post atomic horror Neo America stands alone as a bastion of freedom while a new breed of warrior stalks the Earth. Part man part machine, they are the cyber commandos. The last and only line of defense against the cyber commies of the Neo-Soviet Empire."
- Fates Entwined, by Deep Metal (part 17): "'Hey Quinn, you got a minute?' Daria asked as she knocked on the door. A few days had already passed. So far, nobody had discovered Kenneth's body whereas Brittany's body seemed to have vanished without a trace."
- Jocks VS Nerds (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "'Dude, nah-AH! Locutus of Borg could totally beat Darth Maul!' argued Kevin, shaking his head at the foolishness of all around him."
- Moms And Drunks (Quinn, Season 4), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "We see Chuck and a no longer pregnant Stacy in the hospital room. Stacy is resting in the bed while Chuck waits by her side. A nurse comes in with a new born infant. She hands the baby to Stacy." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- One Fine Saturday Afternoon on Dega Street, by Captain Marbles (COMPLETE!): "The girl walked down Dega Street searching the signs for the place she wanted, '"Funky Doodle", nah. "Dega Street Comix"? Maybe later...oh! Here we go, "Hair For Freaks"!'"
- Options, by Brother Grimace (parts 1 - 6): "'You know, they built this here just to annoy us.' Greg Adams ignored the looks of a couple of Cadets Fourth Year as he and Esra Chakirji walked up the long pathway to the front entrance of the Jorgensen Research Building - the large building that was home for the USAES Mental Enhancement Program." (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 6)
- What are they doing without Quinn around? (Scenes from Lawndale High), by Wassersauefer (COMPLETE!): "'Hey Quinn, can I carry your books?' 'Hey Quinn, can I carry your drink?' 'Hey Quinn, can I carry your, umm... pen?'"