Today is the 99th anniversary of the birth of Jackson Pollock. Pollock, an artist known for his "dripping" technique, died in a car accident in 1956. Jane Lane was apparently a fan, or was at least interested enough to make his art and death the theme of the school dance in the episode "Daria Dance Party."
Quinn: What's this about?
Jane: Being young, carefree, having your whole life ahead of you, and dancing the night away to celebrate. Oh, and the untimely death of Jackson Pollock.
Quinn: Great! Some friend of yours bites it in a car crash and you take it out on me. My life is over, okay?
Today is also the 25th anniversary of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster, in which seven crew members lost their lives after the shuttle broke apart after lift-off. May they rest in peace.
- Kara Wild has some information about what to do in the case of board problems.
- Remember, you have until 11:59 PM on January 31st (UTC) to vote for the 2010 Daria Fanworks Awards!
- Have an opinion about 3-D movies? Talk about it in the thread!
- jtranser speculates about character appropriate alternative occupations.
- CR85747 wonders about everyone's Oscar predictions for this year.
- MJPollard would like some help with the timeline of Daria Multiverse stories.
- Roentgen posted a new Iron Chef in the Creative Writing forum: Stupid Sexy Daria!