Daria is sending today's blog post out by mail as a reenactment of the episode "The Story of D," which aired on this day in 2001. Once it arrives, we'll have to consider her submission and decide if it's right for us at this time. Outlook's not good, though.
- Dylan, by J-D (part 34): "'You do realise', Dylan said, 'that staying at our place means my mother insisting on your eating her food.' He could see Rod on the verge of responding, and cut him off. 'I don't mean just the good stuff, I mean the experiments. You're volunteering yourself as a brand new guinea pig.'"
- Free Eats (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Jane stared aghast at her best friend, Daria Morgendorffer. It wasn't that they were at school, nor that her friend was standing nonchalantly near her locker."
- God Save the King also known as The Bitch Is Back (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "Princess Tom and Elsie walked upstairs, Elsie determined to get with a child by hook or crook without actually having to copulate with Butt-head, though her fellow wives actually seemed to be getting on with it quite well."
- Groped by an Antisocial Climber (IC: Mix them up. DariaXDaria Crossover!), by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "'Who would have thought that one's fashion sense could have a dark side? The normally life-affirming act of choosing an outfit is such a big responsibility that I forgot about everything else! Like, um, the food and stuff. It really was kind of a miracle, huh? Like that lady who got a flat tire in a blizzard and a mysterious guy fixed it for her! She says here it was a guardian angel.'"
- Mysteries of Lawndale 02: The First Party, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 2): "Twenty minutes later, Daria, Jane and Jason met Stacy, Quinn and Corey at a park across from Jason's house on the corner of Glen Oaks Lane and Page Drive. After their mutual surprise had subsided Daria asked, 'Now we'll compare notes.'"
- The Only Pair, by SentrytheDefiant (parts 5 and 6): "The cold sweat ran down the back of her neck, causing her thin cotton nightshirt to stick to her back. Her heart was threatening to burst out of her chest as it thumped rapidly. She brushed her bangs away from her burning forehead and rested her palm there. Her breath escaped in short, ragged gasps as she tried to calm herself." (Part 6)
- Out of Fashion, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "'...afraid we're going to have to institute snack spot checks! I'm sorry, young people, but you have abused your privileges!' The PA system clicked off, and Stacy stopped in her tracks. 'But that's not fair!'" (Part 6)
- Una Rebanada de Pizza, by Sifu Sihaya (part 3): "Daria sopeso la pregunta y se dio el lujo de retardar su respuesta mordiendo la pizza y masticando lentamente, Tom la miraba fijamente a los ojos, expectante de su respuesta pero sin delatarse ni mostrarse ansioso."
- Unnamed story (The 1001 Humiliations of Quinn Morgendorffer), by NightGoblyn (COMPLETE!): "Quinn's head was pounding, and somebody was shining a million billion candle-watt powered flashlight directly into her eyes. No, there were two of them, one for each eye. And a little drum section playing on top of her head. And she felt like there was a dirty wool sock in her mouth."
- The Window, by metameric1 (parts 4 and 5): "Daria hated to admit it, but she was greatly enjoying herself playing dress up with the talkative woman. The session was far more casual than in the studio; Dauphine had hung yards of white silk in the sunroom of her shared flat to soften the light. She had quite a good eye, and her photos were excellent." (Part 5)