National Chocolate Covered Anything Day much too far and covered herself in chocolate. Not only is that going to be really hard to clean, but I'm not sure if she's able to breath. Still, maybe if she's coated in the stuff it'll keep her from eating it against her doctor's orders.
Today is also the anniversary of Jane Austen's birth in 1775, so I can pair two of my favorite things in one day! Of course, we know Daria's an Austen fan as well, based on her parody story during "Write Where It Hurts." I'd bet anything that snarky Elizabeth Bennet is her favorite character, too.
- Band of Mothers, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "Tiffany, who had been staring at her smartphone for the past few minutes, looked up. 'Should I go next?' 'Please do,' Quinn said with a sigh."
- Coffee, by Zetor (part 1): "Stacy took a generous pull from her mug, savoring the lighter accents in the bitter flavor as the coffee warmed her body. Grabbing a latte from the drive through at Starbucks in the morning was fine, but a fresh roast at an independent shop was something else entirely."
- Daria and Jane's Family and Family and Family and Family Thanksgiving, by EntrancedCat (COMPLETE!): "Daria put down her knife from the task of dicing the onions to Jane's exacting specifications. 'Arg,' she addressed the classical music announcer on the radio. 'Just play some music; I don't care about your allegedly fond memories of your grandmother's spaetzle.'"
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (part 22): "It was now mid-November. Quinn's seventh birthday was coming up soon, and Quinn was already deep into the planning process of how she wanted to celebrate it."
- Daria the Rich Bitch (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Jane glanced at her best friend Daria as her head dipped down for a moment and heard a familiar snorting sound. 'I thought Pablo said his connection couldn't get the good stuff until tomorrow?'"
- Night Witches, by Panzerfaust 150 (part 13): "President Reagan walked into the Situation Room for the morning military briefing. So far, NATO was holding, just, though there were a few bright spots, along with a few bad ones as well."
- Rage of Aquarius, by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Jake, Helen, Quinn and Jim are having Sunday dinner at the table. The food is clams in spicey tomato sauce served over linguine with a huge plate of antipasta as a side dish." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- A.R.C Chapter 10 Imprisoned, by ST91 (parts 4 and 5): "'Soo will you ...' started to say Andrea before Charles stopped her. 'Yes. Today. During lunch time. I'm thinking about where to take her this weekend.' 'Yeah! Way to go Charles!' said Jane." (Part 5)
- Standstill, by Princess_Pasta (part 16): "The SUV sped down the highway, thankfully unimpeded by any traffic. Helen was, unusually, in the passenger's seat. Then again, nothing about this situation was usual."
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Roentgen (parts 72 - 74): "Helen and Jake stepped into Quinn's room at Legion Tower. 'Oh my God!' Helen said. 'What? What?' Jake cried. 'This...this furniture...it's horrible!' Helen said." (Part 73) (Part 74)