International Animal Rights Day, and those rights include the right to be adorable. Today is also Human Rights Day, so I guess that pretty much covers every living thing on Earth aside from the vegetation. Unless today is also Plant Rights Day and no one told me.
Just because I'm a librarian and can't resist the chance to geek out a little, today is also the anniversary of Melvil Dewey's birth in 1851. You know, the guy who invented the Dewey Decimal system? A really cool anniversary for fans of library classification systems? Shut up, it is too cool!
- Band of Mothers, by Kristen Bealer (part 2): "Quinn was using her phone to take multiple pictures of Acai flipping through one of Madison's copies of Junior Waif Magazine. "#futurefashionista!" she giggled, posting all of the pictures on Instagram."
- Come Together, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "The slim, dusky Frenchwoman, who wore the uniform of the National Gendarmerie (a branch of the French Armed Forces) and the rank of Chef d'Escadron (the equivalent of a Major or a Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Armed Forces), shook her head as she walked around to the back of her desk."
- David M., by ST91 (parts 4 and 5): "After spending some time at the PC writing his stories about Melody Powers, David decided to go to bed. As he undressed, his gaze fell on the reflection in the mirror and as always he saw the damn strapping he hated so much." (Part 5)
- Evening, by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): "Jake surveyed the remaining of his cooking work and the relatively empty kitchen and sighed. 'I'm alright,' he said to his wife. Helen let go of his arm. Jake wobbled a little, but remained standing. 'Maybe we should go to bed,' he said, looking at his wife."
- Lust for Life, by elainefr (COMPLETE!): "'You're almost there. Here, let me give you a hand.' He knelt and extended a hand to her climbing form. They'd made it to the top of the makeshift structure in The Strawberry that those that had dared to brave it boasted a breathtaking view of Lawndale."
- Night of the Short Skirted Cynic, by Meester_Lee (part 4): "'You did?' asked Daria. 'When?' 'During the war, while I was in the Cavalry,' West replied. Daria looked at him and thought silently. Assuming this is 1875, that would be the Civil War, she thought."
- Now, They're Legal, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'Colonel Armalin?' Armalin turned from the opened glass case next to a bookshelf (where he kept his Team Banzai jacket with Blue Blaze Irregular patch) as a thirty-something woman with long, chestnut-hued hair stood at the entrance to his office. "
- Thanksgiving With The Barksdales (Quinn, Season 2), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Jake and Helen are seated at the kitchen table. Quinn is there as she frequently stops by to cook dinner (and make sure Jake eats healthy). Quinn: ...so I told him that he needs to offer healthy choices on the menu, not just the usual greasy stuff, because of the anti-fried food firestorm caused by that movie. He seemed to see the light of reason." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Brother Grimace and Roentgen (parts 68 - 71): "So, two days after Revelation Day, we're are all eating in the Camp Tolnai dining facility. (Sergeant Major Nemec said - and Mags agreed - that it would look better if we Legionnaires ate with the military types.)" (Part 69) (Part 70) (Part 71)
- Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover, Part XIV: The Crossover Awakens!), by Kuriamo22 (COMPLETE!): "She could barely think over the pain, the great burning coming from her abdomen where she had been shot. She could barely hear the rush of air escaping from the compartment over the sound of her ears ringing and the blare of the low pressure alarm."