Saturday, November 4, 2017

Mmm, Ancient Egyptian Candy!


Jake's enjoying a nice cereal treat for King Tut Day, but I don't think we'll ever know for sure if King Tut was buried without his diver or his liver. I hope you can live with the suspense.

If that sugary cereal isn't sweet enough for you, this is also National Candy Day. Help yourself to some ZooZoo Drops, Juicy Joes, or--best of all--unauthorized chocolate. Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

Fanfic Update!
  • Fair is Fair and Hunted (Two of Hearts (one-shot)), by Princess_Pasta (snippets): "If the drive over wasn't excruciating enough, Lawndale High's own version of Medieval Times was the nail in the coffin. Damien observed the scene before him as one would animals at the zoo; the only thing missing was his camera."

  • The Heart of the Griffin, by WildDogJJ (parts 1 - 3): "Sandi Griffin was very upset. As she lay in her bed and stared at the ceiling fantasies of killing her mother swirled in her head. She'd been having a nice summer until Linda once again decided to piss on her parade." (Part 2) (Part 3)

  • The Move, by dmsfanman (part 3): "Tom and Daria stood in the middle of an empty studio apartment. Daria commented, 'Good God what is that smell?'"

  • They knew why, by tjdolf (COMPLETE!): "When someone kills themselves, it really makes you think. The suicide note only said 'You know why', but that was enough."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Justify My Love), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "Helen loomed behind Daria as her eldest squinted into the mirror and did the barest minimum she could do to qualify as 'primping up'. Quinn would have dropped dead in shock at seeing her sister put on any makeup at all."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef: The New Canon), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "'Jane, I'm so sorry. I know I was supposed to back on Thursday but I've had a meeting and there may be more to this site than we thought so I may be in Dubai for another month. I know we were due to go out for dinner that I'll have to postpone again. Unless you want to eat here, I can book you a flight.'"

  • Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Roentgen (part 56): "I think the most depressed I ever was in Puerto Rico was when I realized how long we were going to be there."

  • Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover, Part XIV: The Crossover Awakens!), by Wraith (COMPLETE!): "Tad and Tricia sat quietly for several moments after watching the Star Compass disappear over the falls. Tricia, embarrased from dropping it, said queitly, 'It's fine... it's fine... There is an old saying. Everything taken from the Abyss will eventually return there, be it an object or a life.'"

No comments: