Daria is taking Tell a Fairy Tale Day a step further by acting it out in full. I think I prefer her modern takes on fairy tales, though, and so do the Gupty kids.
Today is also one of Quinn's least favorite holidays, National Pistachio Day, but only because she's allergic to pistachio dye. Seems like Daria could use that weakness to her advantage, kind of like Lex Luthor keeping Superman at bay with kryptonite.
Finally, it was on this day in 2001 that the episode "Sappy Anniversary" first aired. There weren't any pistachios and it didn't have a fairy tale ending, but it was kind of sweet in its own way. Even Jake's melty hobbit candle.
- American Idiot, by Lady Evil (COMPLETE!): "'Quit following me, Daria!' Quinn whined as they walked back from school."
- Big Mer on Campus (General "Daria in Morrowind" Thread), by welltemperedclavier (COMPLETE!): "Students came in and out of Drenlyn Academy all the time."
- Danny Morgendorffer, by ST91 (part 60): "Sunday flew by. Before Daniel knew it, he and his sister were walking to school."
- Daria: Winter Is Coming, by Meester_Lee (part 25): "Daria stared at her computer screen, searching for words and thinking that anything she came up with was either flat or insipid."
- Leaving Lawndale, by Ravynstone (COMPLETE!): "It was snowing the day they buried Jake Morgendorffer."
- New Faces, by linnofthewoods (part 2): "Daria headed home after Trent's performance; she was no night owl, and wasn't fond of dancing, either."
- Party in the USA, by Lady Evil (parts 1 and 2): "'Do you have to follow me to school as well?' Quinn groaned." (Part 2)
- Why Daria should never be allowed to make Children's Programing (Re: Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Closing Walls of Schloss Morgendorffer and Casa Lane), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Who the fuck let YOU make a children's show for PBS?' Sandi asked Daria as the TV was turned on."