I'm not sure Helen wants to be celebrating Hobbit Day, but that's the reality she's been dealt. Just smile and nod, Helen. Jake really did try his best, after all.
Today is also National Ice Cream Cone Day, but whatever you do don't ask Mack to get it for you. Unless you like your ice cream served at full speed right at your head.
- American Idle, by wilddogjj (COMPLETE!): "Quinn, Jim and Daria looked at the empty garage in horror. While Quinn and Jim were arguing and Daria was watching TV, the unsupervised kids had actually stolen Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s race car."
- Danny Morgendorffer, by st91 (parts 55/56 and 57): "'Partypartyparty!' Quinn exclaimed as she, her brother and Heather walked towards the building where the party in question was taking place." (Part 57)
- Happiness and Tears (Linn's short stories (or ficlets, drabbles...)), by linnofthewoods (COMPLETE!): "I'm getting married tomorrow, Rose thought as she lay in bed with the lights off. The day I've been wondering about for most of my life is almost here." (Part 6) (Part 7)
- Looking Forward and Back (Linn's short stories (or ficlets, drabbles...)), by linnofthewoods (COMPLETE!): "Well. That past year and a half wasn't at all what Trent and Rose, or anyone else for that matter, was expecting."
- Mourning in the 'Burbs, by Erin M (part 5): "Tom had been asked to be one of the pallbearers, so Jane found Trent in the crowd around the gravesite and went to stand next to him."
- Reflections, by atiyatortilla (part 2): "'How've things been going?' Sandi directed her attention away from the lopsided potted cactus on the table (It was a sad sight, really. There wasn't enough natural light in this room and did anyone ever water it?) to meet her therapist's polite smile."
- Who Will Survive In America?, by ladyevil (part 3): "'Ooh La La!' Jane crooned as she and Daria walked to school. 'Are you wearing eye make-up'"