Saturday, May 29, 2010

Syncopation Nation

The Daria Fandom Blog II is reliably informed that today is International Jazz Day (always the Saturday before Memorial Day). Enjoy some mellow tunes as the day goes by. Mack does the alter ego at left for famed jazz trumpeter Dizzy Gillespie. A note on how this holiday came about appears here.

I've noticed that a few more of the older Daria fansites have vanished, for whatever reason. I will work on updating the links at left as soon as I can. If you discover a new Daria fansite or notice that an old one no longer works, let me know in the Comments.

Current Topix

FF.net
  • Brittany Wants Daria, by a440 (Part 2): "What a crazy world," muttered Daria. "Why did I have to be born bi? Why did we ever come to Lawndale? Why do I have those feelings for her? Why did one kiss trigger off a girl crush I haven't felt after so many years?"
  • Hard Choices, by Erin M. (COMPLETE!): I'm going to kill her. I'm not being euphemistic here. I am going to go over there, break into her house, and then I am going to kill Daria Morgendorffer. (SFMB)
PPMB
  • Finn Morgendorffer 47: Hell is Homecoming, by HolyGrail2007 (COMPLETE!): On the day of Homecoming, Finn was all ready in his tuxedo at the float. A heat wave was making the formal wear unbearable, but Finn reasoned he could take his jacket off once the parade got started. Stacy had already arrived, and she was positively stunning in a long, champagne-colored dress. She had let her hair down and curled it. The two matched perfectly, it would be a good float. But, before the parade started, Finn needed to check on the football float.

No comments: