Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fanfix, maybe?


Thanks to the persistent urging of LadieTAG and a number of other Daria fans, a new semi-regular column will start here within the next week or so, once enough notes have been compiled to start it. One thing I have not done enough of in this fandom is talk about other people's fanfiction. "Fanfix" will attempt to rectify that error.

Each post will chat about three or more Daria stories with interesting mutual connections, like Daria from different alterate universes, or unusual views of favorite characters (Mack, Andrea, Mystic Spiral, & the rest), or particular genre stories like crossovers, horror, school stories, gender benders, fantasy, hard sf, and the lot. This is not meant to be a review column, though I am highly likely to pick favorites and distribute egoboo but maybe also some "eh, I dunno" if it strikes me. It won't get personal. I just want to talk about Daria fanfiction I've recently read for the first time ever, stories dating back to about 2010 or so from PPMB, Outpost Daria, and other places. The reading public is as always invited to write back and tell me to go suck it. This should engender many happy flame wars as per usual in our corner of the fandomverse.

This sound good? Hope this works for everyone. I really want to get back into this fandom, but writing my own stuff no longer feels like the right way to do it. So, time to experiment. More soon. Enjoy.
.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!

InvisibleDan said...

Sorry you don't think that writing for the fandom is an option. But hey, this is a new role for you as fanfiction critic. I think that's something we need.

Anonymous said...

Awe.SOME.

*sits down patiently and refuses to leave*

- Charles RB

Anonymous said...

Great! But... does fanart ever get any love around here?

NeonHomer said...

You have my attention...

The Angst Guy said...

Okay, fine, I will talk about FAN ART too. Promise.

The Angst Guy said...

Invisible Dan: Writing more fanfiction might one day be an option. It's just that I need to do something else besides focus on me me me me me. I'm not very interesting. Everyone ELSE is interesting. So everyone else gets the spotlight now.

Anonymous said...

"Everyone ELSE is interesting." Not quite. I'm as uninteresting as they come. That's why I'm anonymous.