Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which first started airing on this day in 1997. I don't mean Jodie should worry about actual vampire slayers; I mean she should get out of Quinn's way so she can get home and watch one of her favorite shows (per "Speedtrapped.")
Speaking of TV show anniversaries, today is a triple anniversary for Daria: "The Invitation," "Depth Takes a Holiday," and "A Tree Grows in Lawndale" all aired on this day in 1997, 1999, and 2000. Hey, the first of those aired on the same day as the Buffy premiere, and the other two (like Buffy) contain supernatural elements. Coincidence? Yes.
- Daria of the Milieu Something Slimy, by Meester_Lee (part 2): "The doors closed, the buses started up, and the drivers began to take them to Baltimore. Despite the atmosphere of anticipation in the busses, there was undercurrent of fear."
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (part 32): "The Morgendorffers' prolonged stay at the Aylesford had forced both Jake and Helen to look at their housing situation in a new light. Should they stay at the house on Whirlwind Drive or should they move?"
- Edicius, by elainefr (part 6): "'How was your date?' She froze slightly at Trent's question. He had asked causally enough while strolling into the Lane kitchen and searching the cabinets for coffee."
- Fates Entwined, by Deep Metal (part 12): "After lying down on her bed for quite some time, Jane finally stirred herself back to her feet. A lot of time had passed and she wasn't even sure how long she had been idly lying there."
- Problem solving , by Rémi (part 1): "Jane parked her car and pointed to an house not unlike many others in the surrounding suburb. - That's where she live, according to your aunt Amy. - She will never agree to your idea, said Daria gloomily, so don't get your hopes up."
- Search Engine Obfuscation, by WellTemperedClavier (parts 1 and 2): "Maybe a cubicle will be better than a classroom. Daria didn't really believe it. Still, the thought offered some comfort as she took the elevator up to her interview." (Part 2)
- Star Trek: Voyager: What a Choice Leads To, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 3): "'50 light years in a second, 1800 light years,' Tom reported. 'We should be home very soon,' Harry said. 'Don't get your hopes up, a lot can still go wrong,' Chakotay said."
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries : Thread #2), by Roentgen (parts 110 and 111): "By the time the Legionnaires had returned from Catoctin Mountain Park after their second day of search and rescue, Daria Morgendorffer had called a meeting immediately after arrival." (Part 111)