Thursday, June 9, 2011

"And everyone else is full of...full of...full of...."


Fourteen years ago today, the episode "Pinch Sitter" first aired. In it, we learn that Hitler ate sugar, that Skylar Feldman's family owns a boat, and that no one will ever ask to see your permanent record. Very educational, and I haven't even used the word "indemnification" yet!

Fanfic Update!
  • Daria, or the Confession of a Single Lonely Male, by Arena del Sur: "I have no reason to dwell on the pre-funeral formalities that had to be attended to, or on the funeral itself. But I should tell a few incidents pertaining to those four or five days after Helen's sudden death."

  • Esteeming Out The Gutter, by RX-87: "'Ok, now I'm curious.' Jane said, simultaneously concerned and pruriently excited. 'I'd love to hear your story.' Daria shifted uncomfortably in her seat. 'I don't know. I mean, you seem pretty cool, Jane, but... we've just met. I dunno if I wanna get into personal shit...' 'Aw, that's cool.' Jane said warmly. 'Would it help if I told you more about myself? You show me yours if I show you mine?' She winked suggestively."

  • God Save The Esteem Ep31: Achy Jakey Heart, by Charles RB (part 4): "'I'm going to become a doctor, Daddy!' squeaked Quinn. 'Dr Quinn, medicine moron,' mumbled Daria to herself (Amy gave her a brief, concerned look). 'That's great, Quinn! Avenge my d- Erm.' 'It's nice to know that the experience hasn't changed you,' said Daria."

  • Good Morning Daria (Iron Chef: If I Forget You: Daria's Turn), by Vukodlak (part 1): "'What happened to me?' she finally muttered as her parents pulled away and sat down. Helen wiped a few tears from here eyes. 'You were in an car accident sweetie you've been in a medically induced coma for the past week until the swelling went down.'"

  • It's Eureka, Daria: A Walk in the Woods, by RLobinske (parts 1 and 2): "Jane stopped at a bulletin board and took a flyer from the wall. With a grin, she said, 'Don't need to worry about it if we're on a field trip to Global Dynamics.' Daria said, 'What's that?' 'Dr. Zhukarov is looking for two test operators for a new off-road walker. It could be fun, we don't need a driver's license, and we get out of class.'" (Part 2)

  • Justice, Vengence, Catharsis, by 45Ranger (COMPLETE!): "The dark-haired lanky figure strode out of the prison facility sorting his recently returned personal items into his pockets, having already put his earrings back in place and the rings back on his fingers. The last item was his cell phone that an associate had made sure was paid up and charged. He flipped it open and pressed the power button, pleased when it came on. As he moved to put the phone into a pocket, it rang."

  • Not So Different 39: Green-Eyed, by J-D (COMPLETE!): "Jane turned her head back towards him and stopped smiling. 'Huh? Sorry.' She turned her head to look at the boy again. 'That guy keeps looking at me.' She started smiling again. 'Well, either he's mistaken me for a girl in the bad light in here or he's wondering whether he can cut me out. I'm going to the bathroom anyway, that'll give him his chance. Or both of you.'"

  • Not So Different 40: Can't Win, Can't Break Even, Can't Quit The Game, by J-D (COMPLETE!): "Tom offered them both a ride home. Had he forgotten that Sonny had told him he'd never ride in that car, and that he himself had called that 'common sense'? It still looked like common sense to Sonny, and besides, he was only two doors from home. He declined civilly. Jane hopped into the car, and after farewells all round it drove off. Left entirely to himself, Sonny sighed."

  • Rude Awakening Ep. 6: Divas NOT Wanted!, by DIsaac (part 6): "JANE: You and Tom went out again! DARIA: But it didn't work out. Actually - It was a lesson in 'Let sleeping dogs lie' for me. JANE: I kind of figure you'd float back to him as there is no such thing as a clean break. There will be some fragments of bones floating around there. DARIA: Comparing love to a broken ankle? JANE: I'm comparing it because it works - It hurts just the same way."

  • Save the Last Trance for Me, by jtranser: "Jane wiped her brow, took a deep breath, and asked: 'Are you O.K.? I think you just had a big time prayer from one of your self-appointed prophets. Clever. The guy is not only getting his little flock to mass broadcast his prayer, but he's also pumping it all over the Earth on radio, TV and The Internet.'"

  • The Scorching of the Moon (Iron Chef: Dream Story), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "'Kiddo; we have to get out of here!' 'What; why!?' However Jake managed to pull her up and she followed him outside where Quinn and Helen awaited. Daria looked at her family, faces full of fear; that's when she heard it. The sounds of flames."

  • Second Chances (Iron Chef: If I Forget You: Daria's Turn), by Hyrin (COMPLETE!): "'This jackass just kissed me!' she said, then looked at Jane. 'Jane, please don't be mad!' A look of fear came to her eyes. 'I didn't mean for him to! He just started kissing me when you left! This has never happened before! Please, Jane, please don't hate me.'"

  • Southpaw (Iron Chef: Dream Story), by thatLONERchick (COMPLETE!): "Chris ran into the room all the way at the end of the hall, on the right of the stairs. It was a smaller room than the one he and Sam shared at the old house, but for just one person it was perfect. He grinned and ran over to open the closet. That was when it happened for the first time."

No comments: