Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Lawsuit!"


Hey, everybody! It's National Hug Day! Now get out there and hug someone.

Err...on second thought, maybe not.

Today is also Squirrel Appreciation Day, although something tells me Jake will not be celebrating. Damn rats with fluffy tails!

Last--but not least--today is the tenth anniversary of the premiere of Is It College Yet? It was the end of the series, but with it came a lot of closure and even a happy ending (if you aren't Tom, anyway). So if you have it, pop in the DVD and be glad that at least one of the Daria movies does not feature Mr. O'Neill shaking his ass in the opening credits.

Fandom News!

2 comments:

InvisibleDan said...

I remember feeling very sad when they showed the last episode. I thought it was like losing a friend. Of course I had no idea that it would lead to something new, something that would lead to meeting more new people and reigniting a passion for creating that I thought had died of neglect.

So, happy (belated) anniversary, IICY? And here's to the fandom, which tries every day to keep that TV movie from being the last word on Daria. :P

ARMOR15 said...

I just realized that I watched Is It College Yet? and ended the series on it's anniversary. It is also very good timing because today is my first day of college! Watching Daria has not only made me reflect on my high school career, but has also prepared me for college.

I hope to meet and be friends with my own Daria and Jane Lane this school year. It's been a blast being a part of the fandom, and I will always be a Daria fan.