Tell a Fairy Tale Day! If you decide to tell your own variation on Cinderella, feel free to borrow Daria and Jane's approach with the Gupty kids ("So Cinderella skipped the ball and asked her fairy Godmother to make her the first woman president.") or try Quinn's style ("Wait! I haven't gotten to the shoes yet!").
Just make sure Daria's home by midnight, because today is also her anniversary. Or rather, it's the anniversary of the episode "Sappy Anniversary," which aired on this day in 2001. Tom and Daria hit some bumps in their relationdateshipthing, Quinn actually tries to help, and Jake dabbles in bleeding edge e-vision. Or something.
- Ah, Hell, by metameric1 (part 15): "He leaned over, lifted the book from her face and kissed her lightly. She reached up and pulled him down, making him lose his balance. They rolled over, narrowly missing her computer. 'Hey,' she deadpanned, sitting on his chest. 'Distract me.'"
- Alienation, by malakite (part 8): "Tuesday was boring. It was, in a way, an accomplishment. Several of her classes were shared with some inhuman thing which had obviously noticed her, yet the dull drone of pointless test preparation managed to drown out the fear she should probably feel."
- ASPS 2, by PrecambrianStudios (part 11): "'Federal Express delivery,' came a monotonous, sardonic voice. Tamam was so shocked to hear that voice that he couldn't help throw the door open. He immediately regretted it."
- As Though She Had Done It All Before..., by Shiva (part 10): "Tiffany looked at her reflection from the full-length mirror in her closet before glancing at her reflection from the vanity and back to the full length again. From her usual standing position she could see her image from different angles, not just up close but from far away as well. She had to be absolutely sure that the outfit she was wearing was perfect."
- Be Careful What You Wish For (Snowstorm Challenge), by malakite (COMPLETE!): "Jane stared at the iced over window. They were trapped. The phones were dead, the fireplace was low on wood and the last weather report she'd been able to pull up said the blizzard would not stop for at least 4 days. The power had flickered out hours ago."
- The Best Work of the KPA (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: Do What Now?), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Tom woke up as soon as the cold water hit him full force. 'Wuh-what?' He groaned as he came too and quickly realized that he wasn't in his apartment in New York."
- Culture Shocked, by metameric1 (COMPLETE!): "'Where are we going again?' Jane asked from the back seat. They were in an unfamiliar part of Boston, about a half hour away from the Raft and BFAC campuses."
- Forward Motion, by SentrytheDefiant (COMPLETE!): "The lanky musician drummed his fingers against the counter, his dark eyes roaming from the rack of celebrity magazines to the 50 cent potato chip display. It was all the same."
- From The Depths It Rises (LongSnakeMoan's Fluff Thread), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "'Hi. My name is Tori Jericho from the Lawndale Sun-Herald. I'm here to speak to you and your husband about your extraordinary family. I know that you don't normally do interviews but you're a Lawndale native and a bit of a star there now.'"
- May I have a Cheeseburger?, by metameric1 (part 7): "My Dearest Weevil, Something is changing. What exactly it is, I cannot say; I feel a shift in my household that I find disconcerting."
- Relationship Advice (Daria and the Gang Thread), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Jodie and Brittany were talking to each other at Lunch. 'So, how's life with the star quarterback?' 'It sucks,' Brittany said."
- Renewment, by RLobinske (part 1): "Seated under the banner, Helen Morgendorffer smiled and accepted the sincere wishes of her fellow State Board Association coworkers. Retirement. Part of me doesn't believe that I made it."
- Shiva's Take on the BG/Dennis Angst Lightsaber Off In Crayon Style! (Iron Chef: Crayons Galore), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "leik ohe noes!' Zandi Griffindor exanimated all sadly n junk as hur pet kittiecat Mr. Fluffybutt sO TOTallly died on da dence flur."
- Sleeping Firsts, by Snow-Kitty (parts 2 and 3): "A sneaky, impulsive, thought entered Anthony's mind. Just a small one. That's all it took for him to roll over on top of the giggly blond lying next to him, and pin her delicate wrists to the bed." (Part 3)
- Ten Year Reunion, by Vanillabeancobain (part 1): "It was her ten year reunion this year. A fact that made her feel older without really being much wiser."
- Unnamed story (IC: Write Where It's Hurts For Everyone!), by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): "The waving red hair contrasted beautiful with the Ivory white, perfect skin of Quinn Morgendorffer as she left the big, imposing Ivy League college building in a self-assured step. Behind was a small group of girls, still awed by her mere presence, having left behind"
- Unnamed story (IC: Write Where It's Hurts For Everyone!), by Snow-Kitty (COMPLETE!): "The tall, handsome, history teacher pushed the young artistic extraordinaire onto the plush bed in the middle of the room. 'Oh, Mr. DeMartino. I had no idea you could be so forceful,' the young woman quipped with desire."
- Unnamed story (The 1,001 Deaths of Kevin Thompson), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "On a dare from his bros on the football team, Kevin decided to make fun of Andrea for being a goth fat chick. Non stop."