Erwin Schrödinger's famous thought experiment for the physicist's birthday. Someone should probably explain to Jake that it's a hypothetical situation, especially before Mr. Whiskers catches on and tries to attack Jake in self-defense.
Today is also National Middle Child Day, and there are a few of those in Daria canon: Rachel Landon, Sam Griffin, Penny Lane, and either Helen or Rita (depending on your theory). Several AUs have Quinn as a middle child thanks to a third Morgendorffer daughter, but don't tell Quinn that today's holiday could apply to her--the last thing she needs is yet another reason to celebrate herself.
- Children's Author Banned From Every Library in America, by Two-Eyed Charlie (COMPLETE!): "LAWNDALE—Children's author Daria Morgendorffer, best know for her infamous debut novel Robots Have No Souls (And Neither Do You), has been banned from displaying her novels inside the public libraries of America, as well as entering any library outright."
- Desert Stopover, by Cap (part 1): "It was blazing hot. Not surprising as it was an early summer afternoon in the Arizona desert. It could not be anything else but Brenda Talbois grabbed her pack of cigarettes and walked out of the convenience store/gas station anyway."
- Fates Entwined, by Deep Metal (part 6): "A few months had passed by with no troubles. There had been no more sightings of the campus serial killer and Daria had managed to get some reprieve from everything that had been going on with life."
- On The Road, by elainefr (part 43): "She's up there with him...... he hasn't come down or I would have seen him from this spot that I choose at the bar. Man, I am really a glutton for punishment."
- That Summer, by The Central Scrutinizer (part 17): "Martin Hart had not yet come through the door when the receptionist came rushing to him. 'The men in black are still here,' she whispered. 'In conference room B.'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria Porn Episode Titles), by Roentgen (parts 1 and 2): "'We're raising money for the new Lawndale young adult's coffee house!' Kevin said. 'Would you like to buy some holiday wrapping paper?'" (Part 2)
- Unnamed story (LLH - Short Entries), by Roentgen (part 32): "'...and now that the Legionnaires have become, well...celebrities...having Legion Tower miles off the main road and in an uninhabited area gives everyone the privacy they need,' Linda Griffin said. 'And my little girl is always a stickler for privacy.'"