Race Your Mouse Day, but wants to make sure Brian Taylor is nowhere to be seen before the race starts. Can you really blame him? Although that would be one way to motivate him to run fast.
Today is also the anniversary of the birth of Leo Tolstoy on this day in 1828. Even though we'll never see that unwritten sequel to War and Peace, it's pretty likely that Aunt Amy is a fan per Rita's comment about her reading "those weird Russian novels."
- The Cop and The Criminal, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "A tired and sore Karen eked out of the elevator, and somehow managed to guide herself towards the comfort of a very large couch before her legs decided that they didn't want to work for her anymore. 'I see you met Sergeant Nemec.'"
- Daria Crossover Untitled, by macross (part 1): "'Ms. Morgendorffer will you please get a move on, and take a seat?' Daria Jerked her head back in surprise at the sound of her Principal Ms. Angela Lee. She had been lost in thought and had been standing in the charter bus aisle far too long."
- How cliche could you get?, by starwater09 (part 2): "I don't know HOW I ended up here but I need to get out NOW! Those were her first thoughts when she woke up the next morning to find herself with a massive hangover and in bed with Kevin Thompson."
- Lost and Found, by Princess_Pasta (part 2): "It was just past 12:00 AM when Elsie's cell started to buzz. She groaned in protest as she tried to pull herself from her tangle of sheets, none too happy about being woken up."
- Monkey Business, by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "The rest of the kids made their way down and began hovering worriedly over Mikey. Charlie even let slip a few sympathetic tears of his own. 'We should really find a grown-up,' Jodie said fretfully. 'Can we go get a grown-up now?'"
- On The Road, by elainefr (part 45): "'Hey.' 'Did you see Quinn? Is she okay?' Trent looked at his girl on the video chat screen and traced her face with the pad of his thumb."
- Poaching Talent (Daria and the Gang Thread II), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "Jane brought the tray of burritos out onto the bar. 'Here we go! Empanadas a la Lane!' 'Thanks, Jane,' Daria said. 'Although if you told me that you'd ever have a Super Bowl party when we were in high school, I would have had to seek other friends.'"
- Shadows of a Timeless Song, by Dennis (part 15): "Daria's first sight of Castell Dinas Bran was dismaying, to put it mildly. The mossy hill on which it sat at first appeared empty as they approached."
- Telepaths and Snacks, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "'I've seen documentaries about lions feeding that turned my stomach less than this.' Daria turned away from the sight of a large group of cadets - about fifty or so - as they ate at the cafeteria tables prepared for them."
- That Summer, by The Central Scrutinizer (part 18): "Jeffy looked up from the computer behind the counter. He noticed Cohle sitting in a chair near the main entrance. He was wearing a jacket and tie, had a small bouquet of flowers and a bottle in his lap, and was worrying an unlit cigarette between his fingers."