Jake and Helen have certainly figured out how to celebrate National Hanging Out Day, but I wouldn't count on it lasting long. A ringing cell phone or a military school flashback is going to ruin it all any minute now.
Today is also National Garlic Day, which is great for spicing up that Kitchen Sink Stew or for keeping vampires away. Or both!
- Gone Sister Gone (General "Daria in Morrowind" Thread), by welltemperedclavier (COMPLETE!): "Mom and dad were still arguing. Actually, it was more like dad was yelling and mom was just trying to keep him from doing something stupid."
- Hey, Jealousy (The Carbones), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Jim sings along to the song on the radio, a classic from his high school years, as he drives." (Part 3)
- Is It Fall Yet? Part Two, by WildDogJJ (part 1): "It was a summer day in Lower Manhattan. In the East Village at the corner of 8th Street and 3rd Avenue was a pizza parlor called Roy's Pizza and Bagels. Inside, Daria and Jane were conversing over pizza."
- The Past in the Present (Linn's short stories (or ficlets, drabbles...)), by Linnofthewoods (prologue and part 1): "Back in Lawndale, no one had been in the Lane family household for nearly a month." (Part 1)
- Young Americans, by Lady Evil (part 1): "At Lawndale High, in Mr. DeMartino's class, DeMartino was teaching the students about the Jonestown massacre."