Saturday, October 8, 2011

Crocodiles? Cool.


Happy birthday to Paul Hogan, best known for playing the character Crocodile Dundee in the movie series of the same name. I could start quoting stuff about knives and mates, but I suspect the Australian members of fandom would start throwing things at me. And since I'm pretty sure everything in Australia is in some way poisonous, I think I'll play it safe.

Fanfic Update!
  • The Author as a Lesbian, Season 2, by DeacBlue (part 7): "'Umm, why would anyone care if you're happy and vivacious?' Daria gave him a look. 'Wow, you really have been home-schooled.' She shook her head. 'Gay is a slang term that means lesbian or homosexual, depending on who it's referring to. They don't like me because I'm emotionally and sexually attracted to women.' Ted's jaw dropped. 'You...you...But how would you reproduce?'"

  • The Beginning of Our History, by ST91 (part 3): "'hello can I sit here?' 'sure get comfy, I am Darius, Darius Mogendorffer' 'Jane Lane extraordinary artist, so this is your first day here, what impression did you get from Laaaaaaawwwwwndale High ?'"

  • Crossing Stars, by Silver: "'I've got IFFs, and you aren't going to like them.' Mack's voice carried the hard edge she'd known it to take when things got really bad. 'How bad?' Daria asked at last. 'Bad. Whoever wants this cargo wants it bad enough to have hired Corvus. I count half-a-dozen Ravens, a Cutter Corvette, and an Oxen tug.' Mack's frustrated sigh was half-audible in her suit's headset. 'Get back up here.'"

  • Daria the Fair (PLOT BUNNIES: free to good home), by Trscroggs: "This whole world had been weird. Not just the green wave that had brought them here, but the night sky had two much smaller moons instead of one large one and a faint ring could be seen if you looked at the sky in the right way. The impression of weirdness had grown exponentially on the sixth day when they ran into a detachment of the palace guard which had exactly the right number of horses for the group. Jane blinked a bit when she was ushered into a very brightly lit throne-room. The throne itself was empty, but many fancily dressed men and women stood talking in small clumps around the room."

  • Fashion Zombies, by Smijey (part 1): "Quinn entered the room, and Daria could already tell from her red, puffy eyes that something had her deeply upset. Internally, she groaned. 'What's wrong now, Quinn?' It was only the beginning of the week when Quinn had been upset about losing popularity over the plastic surgery fad that had swept Lawndale High. 'Brooke's gotten really sick,' Quinn said."

  • In the Trunk, by Smijey (part 2): "'My shift ends in fifteen minutes. I need you to give me a ride.' Upchuck blinked in confusion. 'Um. Sure. Where do you want me to drive you?' 'Oh, you have your car? I guess you can give me a lift after.' 'After...' He finally made the connection. 'Oh.' Despite the very serious situation he was in, he was unable to resist the smirk which sprung up on his face, nor could he stop himself from growling: 'Feisty!'"

  • The James Lane Chronicles Chapter 6, by InvisibleDan (COMPLETE!): "'Um, Jesse, do you think Trent would ever hit on a girl who was maybe a bit underage? Even if he thought there was no way he could be caught?' 'Nah.' 'Good.' They walked a while and then James said, 'Are you sure?' Jesse was silent but shrugged his shoulders."

  • LLH Mini - Timely Circumstances, by RLobinske (part 1): "Unconsciously, Daria grasped his hand as they walked toward the door to her quarters in the Legion Tower. Opening it, Michael looked up and down the hall before saying, 'I wonder what your cats are up to.' 'I'm sure that they're keeping themselves entertained. They're very good at it.' A rhythmic, rasping sound drew their attention, then the slow appearance of a blue shape a short distance away."

  • On Edge (Scream Scenes), by RX-87 (COMPLETE!): "'Daria, please. It doesn't have to...' Jane said, looking like she was on the verge of tears, 'Just come back inside with me, OK? We can talk more there.' 'I can't. I'm sorry. I'd come back with you if I could,' she sighed, 'But no. It's too late. I have to go through with this.' 'Why?!' Jane shouted angrily, 'Dammit, Daria! Don't you care what this is going to do to me?! Or your family?!' 'I do. I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt any of you.'"

  • Quinn's Code 04: Geekery at the Mega-Mall, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 4): "'How about a fifty dollar coupon for you, little lady?' 'Don't insult me,' Daria said, repeating Jodie's line from earlier. The executive held out another coupon. 'One hundred dollars, final offer.' 'I'll take it,' Daria said. 'What got into you?' Mrs. Bennett asked. 'Integrity,' Daria said."

  • Unnamed story (Crossovers Still Crossing Over), by Erin M. (COMPLETE!): "Milo Kazinsky, the so-called crime lord of Lawndale,fumed as he saw the destruction of his main drug production facility. This made six hits in the last week. His men all had reported that it was the same two men. One in a chauffeur's outfit, the other in a green overcoat and fedora. Both had full face masks that obscured their features. No one knew their real names, only the moniker the leader went by.They had cut a swath through Kazinsky's holdings throughout the suburb, taking out his operations and then setting up their own."

No comments: