Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Why did I survive, grow tall and strong, only to SQUANDER all my potential by becoming a TEACHER?!"


Happy World Teachers' Day! I have no doubt that this holiday is more than enough encouragement for Mr. DeMartino to rediscover his love of teaching and find the strength to face each day with a smile.

Right up until Kevin opens his mouth, of course.

Today is also the Sh33p's Fluff Message Board's 8th birthday! It was created on this day in 2003 by Thea Zara and Gamer, and while the board has been through several changes over the years, their legacy still lives on. Have an adult-themed birthday cake, SFMB!

Fanfic Update!
  • The Author as a Lesbian, Season 2, by DeacBlue (parts 3 - 6): "'What Quinn's talking about is that, to push the point home that she's not abandoning fashion, just the Fashion Club, she wants to design clothing and make us up for the next dance. Since I came up with this, I'm committed.' She took a deep breath. 'Will you two go to the Valentine's Dance with me? And will you let Quinn dress you?'" (Part 4) (Part 5) (Part 5.5.) (Part 6)

  • Beavis 2.0 (Iron Chef: Twilight Zone Daria), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "(SCENE: The girls bathroom. Cassandra is finishing up Daria's 'tattoo' which has been applied by pen.) Cassandra: I hope this washes off. A skull. It doesn't convey your nobler, gentler spirit, Daria. Daria: To hell with that. This is a scam. And I'm going to prove it. I don't know what the hell they're up to, but unlike most of my fellow students, I'd like to learn something before I graduate. But I have to get Beavis and Butt-head to drop the facade."

  • The Beginning of our History, by ST91 (parts 1 and 2): "'Please mommy tells the story again please, please' said a girl with long dark brown hair and a gorgeous pair of blue eyes 'But I told you already have a lot of times Elizabeth , why you want to hear it again?' said Jane Lane to her 6 years old daughter" (Part 2)

  • Daria is Raven's Apprentice, by project pegasus: "Daria: Great! It’s like a maze down there. It’ll be like 'Pac Man': we’ll be like the ghosts and chase Beast Boy, who will be like Pac Man--a murderous, serial killing Pac Man who has a hard-on over dismembering us and reanimating our reconstituted corpses."

  • Friendship is Tragic (Scream Scenes), by Smijey (part 1): "'Jane, you're going to help me with the surgery I'm going to perform on this horse.' Jane's eyes practically bugged out of her head. 'Uh, Daria? I don't know if you think I just forgot to mention it, but I haven't gotten a degree in veterinary medicine, horse surgery, or anything like that since we last saw each other. What about that guy who's supposed to advise you on stuff like this?' Daria smiled, and Jane started to feel uneasy. 'Oh, I don't need his help with this. Besides, he died.'"

  • Interstellar Portals - A worldbuilding scenario, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 2): "The mercenary leader looked at the public house where his informant had told him that the representative of the Haudenusaunai kingdom was waiting for him. It was an average pub for the City. It stood 3 stories high, and had upwards of 100 rooms. There were stores on either side. The pub was located in an area of the city close to the centre of the city, completely outside of the portal."

  • John Lane 51: Promises Kept, by RLobinske (COMPLETE!): "'We watched the sun set from the Lincoln Memorial.' 'That sounds so romantic,' Helen said. 'I'm sure you're going to remember that for a long time.' Daria took a breath and said, 'I think I'm going to remember this more,' before showing her hand with the ring. The single, small diamond glittered in a circle of six tiny emeralds."

  • Legacy (Iron Chef: Crazy Pairing Story!), by RX-87 (COMPLETE!): "'W-what are you talking about?' Summer sobbed in confusion. She'd never been the best mother, but she'd never done anything before to elicit such violence from any of her children. Adrian loomed over the crying woman menacingly, 'Oh, you don't know? You just put it out of your mind, hoped it would go away? Is that why you never gave a shit about me and Courtney going off on our own? Didn't want to be reminded of what you'd done?'"

  • Quinn's Code 04: Geekery at the Mega-Mall, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 3): "Quinn hoped that the situation wouldn't go out of hand. As she placed the phone down it rang again. 'I guess that this is Xavier!' she thought with slight agitation. 'Hello?' 'Quinn, I hope I am not too late!' Xavier said. 'Depends how you define "too late."' 'I'm too late, aren't I?'"

  • Remembrance, by HolyGrail2007 (part 19): "'Ah, the eternal dilemma. Too much to do. Have to prevent murders, but how to determine what sets off the murder? Obviously a serial killing, targeting females all of a certain age, but the age advances even after the time skip?' That wasn't exactly common, if someone was after young women, why would it change to older women after that? Stacy and Andrea did not look alike, have the same friends, or the same cliques, so it had to be some sort of other trigger. Perhaps something triggered by a third party. That left the avenue open to...just about anything."

  • Rude Awakening Ep.9: Join The Club, by DIsaac (part 5): "UPCHUCK: We need evidence, Mack. CHIPMUNK: Really good evidence, it will take cunning. UPCHUCK: It will take skill. It will take - MACK: Running her name on Google?."

  • Save the Last Trance for Me, by jtranser: "'Jane, tell me how all these stock footage dream endings got into this show? And this orgy! I didn't plan all this, this...' 'You can't. All that omniscience just gets in the way. So we usually hire somebody else to plan it. Don't worry, it'll get out of hand soon enough.' 'What? You mean this was plotted out by a orgy designer?' 'No, Daria, more like an orgy architect....'"

  • The Screaming Whisperer (Scream Scenes), by OverlordMikey (COMPLETE!): "The room was dark; not in the lighting sense, in that sense it was quite bright. It was a room filled with all kinds of makeshift devices; most seemed to be for torturing people. The walls where designed like a dungeon. Charles himself was strapped to a strange alter stripped of any clothes. Before him stood someone; someone he knew, a member of the Fashion Club."

  • So Totally Not Cthulhu, by Lord Yellowtail (part 1): "And if nothing else, Daria Morgendorffer forged herself into the Question to fight corruption. Evil government conspiracies were part of the natural order of her universe. Power Girl had mostly just reinforced Question’s own beliefs. Which is probably exactly what she intended. But this ..."

  • Unnamed story (Iron Chef - Jodie the Inventor), by Chris Tucker: "There was a look to her, a look of fear and uncertainty. 'When he was speaking, I could HEAR metal creaking, I KNEW it was the vertical stabilizer connected to the fuselage. The metal was starting to fracture. I could hear it. I shouldn't be able to DO THAT!'"

No comments: