Houseplant Appreciation Day! Time to show your houseplants how much you care about them, perhaps simply by watering them. (This is not recommended if your houseplants are plastic.)
Have you nominated for the 2012 Daria Fanworks Awards? If not, why not? What, are you chicken or something?
- The Amazing Adventures of Captain Invincible!, by Erin M. (part 2): "I wonder who else he wrote into his stories? Maybe I could just take a quick peek. No, Twilight! You swore you wouldn't intrude on his privacy again. Leave it alone!"
- At the Dinner Table (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'So Daria how was school today?' Helen asked while setting down the roast beef she had lovingly prepared for her lovely family."
- A Cynical Earth, by RLobinske (part 2): "After the man fled, Dorothy turned and saw Daria. Eyes still lit with anger at the other employee, she said, 'I will not tolerate people hiding things from me.' Caught a little off-guard, Daria said, 'I completely agree.'"
- The Divine Cynic, by PrecambrianStudios (part 1): "The first thing Daria felt as she awoke was a pounding headache. When she opened her eyes, she found that her glasses were gone and that she laid in a very comfy bed, that just so happened to be located in an infirmary."
- The Mageborn Cynic : Daria & the School of Magic : Part 2, by peetz5050 (parts 8 and 9): "Steven smiled back and said. 'Lady Daria, it is an honor to make your acquaintance. I just a short while ago had the privilege of welcoming your sister, Lady Quinn, and her escort, Lord Geoffrey of House Dawmare, please proceed indoors out of this chill, my daughter is eagerly awaiting your company. Please, everyone, come inside.' Steven noticed that even though Lord Trent was quick to offer his arm to Lady Daria he seemed somewhat distant and perhaps even cold in his expression." (Part 9)
- A New Beginning, by LadieTAG (part 7): "Quinn stared at her sister for several moments. She saw the sadness mixed with kindness and hope in the older girl's eyes. Then, she realized that this was the first time in almost decade that she had seen her sister. Not just a decade, the first time ever."
- President Sue Bee (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "'Mein People!' President Sue bellowed into her microphone, 'The time is at hand for a NEW and GLORIOUS SOCIETY!'"
- RA Holiday Special : The Holidays are just Crazy!, by DIsaac (part 11): "JANE: Didn't your family do Thanksgiving? JESSE: Me and my sis try to avoid it. Besides, we do Christmas big in our family. JANE: Aren't you NOT avoiding it by being here? JESSE: I'm here for moral support... And pie. Mostly pie."
- Rocky Horror? (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "'Okay, Daria, just sit still for a moment here.' Jane could no longer take Daria's complaints about not being able to hear her. 'One...two...three!'"
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Fresh takes on Veronica Morgendorffer), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "Daria stared at the thing in the vat in curiosity. 'That's me.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes no Daria fic should have:Stupid, Silly and Disturbing), by Brain Camper (COMPLETE!): "[Daria puts her head on the shoulder of the girl next to her] Daria: I love you."
- The Walking Dead: The Tale of Lori, by PrecambrianStudios (part 1): "Lori's breath caught in her throat. A small girl in a nightgown clutching a stuffed bear emerged from behind one of the derelict vehicles. Her head down, she quietly shuffled in the opposite direction. Lori considered for a moment calling out to the girl, but thought to herself, I can't let anyone drag me down. And the girl is probably one of them. It's time to go, Lori."
- We Are One, by PrecambrianStudios (part 10.5): "'Do either of you want a future?! What you two did could be seen by colleges for the rest of your lives! It's going to take me months to-' 'To what, mom?' Daria inquired flatly. 'Do you intend to punish us by having us exonerated by the legal system?'"