Happy Pistol Patent Day! This holiday celebrates the anniversary of Samuel Colt patenting his "revolving gun." Daria is thrilled, I'm sure.
Today is also the anniversary of the airing of "Partner's Complaint" in 2000. Daria and Jane work on a class project with different people because they're mad at each other over Tom. I think a pistol would have made the whole argument much simpler.
- Agreement (IC: Criminals of Lawndale), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "'You're wrong.' 'Oh, I don't think anyone wants to hear any more self-righteous—' 'No, I mean you're wrong that I didn't plan to fight,' interrupted Daria."
- As Though She Had Done It All Before..., by Shiva (part 4): "But sleep didn't come right away. Instead Daria found herself in a lucid state between being awake and dreamland. Strange flashes and images began to fly in her dimming vision once more, but they were all much to quick to make any sense. Then sleep claimed her."
- A Cynical Earth, by RLobinske (part 5): "Cheerfully, the Doctor circled around the center console, operating controls seemingly at random. 'Next stop, Piccadilly Station.' Teasing, Dorothy said, 'Are you sure we'll get there, Professor?' 'Have I ever arrived at the wrong location?' 'Frequently.'"
- The Dale of Lawn, by Wassersauefer (part 12): "'You actually plan on besieging them?', she asked with a deadpan voice. 'Yes', answered the brown haired overlord without turning around. Silence followed as the others seemed to wait for an explanation but she gave none."
- DW: The Many Doctors, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 13): "'So, Felicia is in an earlier version of the TARDIS?' Jia'hale (now dry but still au naturale) asked as she entered the console room. The Doctor pointedly made eye contact with Jia'hale as he said. 'Yes, she is. Now we need to find out which earlier version.'"
- Freewheelin', by peetz5050 (part 16): "'Quinn was talking about how you changed, you know, since your accident of course but even since you came to Lawndale, she says you used to avoid people before and stayed on your own but you seem friendly enough to me. Were you really that... I don't know, what's the word? Not lonely but.. a loner, were you a loner?'"
- Free Will (Daria and the Gang Thread), by Roentgen (COMPLETE!): "'Okay, Jodie. Let's use a test subject to see which of us is right. Brittany, you believe in the laws of science, right?'"
- The Game of Six, by Erin M. (prologue): "Celestia smiled and let out a small sigh of contentment. Yes, things were going to change now that Twilight Sparkle was a princess. The ivory alicorn was certain her faithful student would have questions needing answers soon enough."
- Hanami, by Staticblast (COMPLETE!): "Life had become very cold for him. His love had left him, traveled to a place he could not yet follow."
- Heroes and Villains Part Three: The Madness of Quinn Morgendorffer, by Reven384 (parts 1 and 2): "Daria watched as the feed cut to what was on the tape. It was her sister! Daria stood up and had to fight her elation at finding out her sister was alive. What happened next would turn that elation into nausea." (Part 2)
- Heroes: The Dark Side Of The Moon, by Brother Grimace (part 1): "WAYNE JOHNSON lies asleep in a recliner, a HUGE terrycloth robe wrapped around him like a blanket. Black, in his mid-thirties, there is a look of peace on his painfully ordinary face."
- Lost in Translation (Scenes No Daria Fanfic should have: Delightful and Naughty), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "'The school received a call this morning from a Mrs. Johanssen,' started Ms. Li. 'She said...WHO THE HELL IS THAT?' The duo turned around to follow her eyes. There was a tall, bald man, who looked somewhat like Keegan-Michael Key."
- Mack the Esteemer, by Shiva (part 17): "'Heh,' Jodie laughed out loud, 'When I told Rachel she'd have to fight for her independence, I'd didn't think she'd have to do it so quickly.'"
- Mine (Iron Chef: Fresh takes on Veronica Morgendorffer), by Vukodlak (part 1): "Jane opened Daria's door and her mouth hung open with shock. If Jane hadn't seen it with our own eyes she'd never have believed it. There was Daria cradling her baby sister Veronica in a carrier sling gently rocking her back and forth and cooing at her."
- A New Man, by SinisterExaggerator (part 2): "He eased himself out of bed and picked up the phone. A gruff voice greeted him on the other end, with a jaded color that could only belong to a newspaper editor. 'Uh, Morgendorffer...I've kinda got some bad news. Well, for you.'"
- Of Hearts and Minds Book II: Present, by mac (part 3): "Quinn was almost power-walking as she sped out of the cafeteria, the news she just heard repeating in her mind. Daria and Kevin are working together on a project. I'll need to wait a few days, let some time pass, then use this to my advantage."
- Sexy Daria: The Misery Sex, by Shiva (part 2): "Jane smirked as she and Scarlett got comfortable on the floor nearby. 'Well,' Jane began to explain, 'Tommy Sherman was the Quarterback that won the State Championship about three years ago for our school.'"
- Tom and Quinn Have a Little Chat... (Scenes No Daria Fanfic should have: Delightful and Naughty), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "While waiting for Daria to come downstairs, Tom Sloane found himself sitting next to his girlfriend's sister, Quinn. He decided to break the fourth wall by asking, 'I wonder why there aren't more fanfics of us as a couple."
- Unnamed story (Another bit on my Addams crossover), by Ranger Thorne (parts 4 and 5): "'They walked? No running or screaming, this time?' The last to speak was a thin woman who seemed slightly younger than Helen. Shee was pale, with her equally pale blond hair cut short. Pale eyes looked with amusement and disappointment as she looked at Quinn. 'Aunt Amy,' Quinn said, with a slight frown, 'it is tradition to wait three days to cause a riot in a new school." (Part 5)
- Unnamed story (IC: Criminals of Lawndale), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "Quietly, the SWAT team carefully and quietly advanced up the apartment stairway to number 211838. The night helped them stay discreet; if any of the other residents knew that they there was a dangerous psychopath right next door, they'd run away screaming and the target would probably escape unnoticed. No, this had to be done very, very quietly."
- Unnamed story (IC: Words Don't Kill People. I DO.), by mac (COMPLETE!): "'Guns don't kill people. I do.' Steve yelped. She was BEHIND him! 'Does my voice annoy you?'"
- Unnamed story (IC: Words Don't Kill People. I DO.), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "'This can't be good for me....' Trent said as he and the rest of Mystik Spiral and the Harpies all smoked their joints together in the back room of the Zon on a circular couch. 'But I feel great!'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic should have: Delightful and Naughty), by PrecambrianStudios (COMPLETE!): "'Jane, you are not going to believe this.' 'What?'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic should have: Delightful and Naughty), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "Quinn looked deeply into the eyes of her latest squeeze-for-a-night, Jimbo or Jambalaya or whatever his name was."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fanfic should have: Delightful and Naughty), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "Daria examined the photographs in Jane's living room. 'Ever notice your father's porno 'stache?' asked Daria."