Today is Go Skateboarding Day, so get out there and, well, go skateboarding. Daria looks surprisingly relaxed, which makes me wonder if we've stumbled upon a little-known guilty pleasure.
This is also World Humanist Day, which encourages the spread of awareness of Humanism. It's today because every year it falls on the June Solstice. That means today's the longest day we'll have all year--make it a good one. Or take a cue from Trent and spend the whole day sleeping. The night holds the key, right?
- Another Lawndale's Episode, by Silver (part 5): "'Hey, are you okay?' The voice was a woman's, calmer than the last few she'd heard. Sensation started coming back to her, and Daria opened her eyes. It was a move she immediately regretted. Light bent and blurred in her vision, and she immediately closed her eyes again as a wave of nausea washed over her."
- The Dale of Lawn, by Wassersauefer (part 13): "A week of hammering those degenerate scum with his siege equipment and then he would attack, Angier decided. By then the constant attack will most likely have already broken the enemies morale. And it gave his diggers a bit more time to find another way into the fortress."
- Daria+Stacy fluff, by Astrocar82 (part 2): "Daria and Jane were walking to school the day after Daria's kiss with Stacy. Jane was expecting another nice day of napping and snarking at school, but something seemed wrong with Daria."
- Dylan, by J-D (part 22a): "When Dylan made no response to this rhetorical question, Kent went on, 'You're not going to tell her I said that, right? By the way, what the hell's going on with your neck?'"
- Finding A New Lane, by RLobinske (part 4): "Helen walked around the counter to face the computer, where she then saw Derek's image on the screen. She waved and said, 'Thank you so much for helping.' 'Anything to corrupt young minds toward science.'"
- Left 4 Daria, by Charles RB (part 6): "'The distraction's gonna be, uh, noisy,' suggested Jesse, his brow knit with thought. 'How do we create noise?' Trent looked down at his guitar. 'Hmmmm. Hey. I think I have an idea.'"
- Mack the Esteemer, by Shiva (part 12): "One thing that Jodie didn't understand was why the town's local High School was called 'Springbok High', when the damn town had 'Swede' in the name."
- The Mageborn Cynic Chapter 5, by peetz5050 (part 1): "'Good morning, Jane.' Daria linked with her friend and 'saw' her sitting at breakfast with Jodie and Tish. 'Good morning Jodie.' She added, opening up her perception so both her friends could see where she was. 'Good morning.' Both Jane and Jodie were speaking aloud for Tish's benefit and Jodie was quietly repeating what Daria'd said. 'Trees, trees and more trees.' Jane complained. 'Where are you exactly?'"
- National Insecurity, by SacredDust (part 1): "Daria rolled over in bed and squinted. There it was again, that damnable screen turning on and waking her up at the most ungodly hours. She was getting used to it now. Almost."
- Ride (LLH Mini), by RLobinske (part 1): "Quinn Morgendorffer slammed down on any thoughts of the dark-haired girl and focused again driving. Though she could easily have flown, she found that driving forced her to pay attention to something, anything, other than her attraction to Danielle Todds."
- Slow Sunday (LLH Mini), by Wassersauefer (COMPLETE!): "It was way too early to wake up, even if she wasn't sure what time it was exactly. The only thing she knew was, was that the bed was comfy and warm, the air outside was cold and that she was tired and exhausted and wanted to cuddle a bit more."
- Tagging with the Bandanna (IC: Tom Sloane, Lax Bro TAKEDOWN!), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "Some due revenge was in order, no doubt. But where could the most devastating blow to an über-masculine, chauvinistic, meat-sword wielding straight guy meet Gangland? A certain place came to mind. 'You know what? I do know where the gangstas at. But you need to look the part first, rich boy.'"
- Tapped Out, by Kristen Bealer (parts 1 and 2): "'Now, Daria, we talked about this. You're going to love dance class.' Helen glanced in the rearview mirror at her six-year-old daughter in the backseat, sighing at the dark expression on her face. 'Promise me you'll at least give it a chance, okay?'" (Part 2)
- Tom Sloane, Lax Bro, by Shiva (part 10): "So on a regular day, me and my Bro Yogi were chillin' at my place, a cooler full of beers open next to the couch with some snacks on the coffee table and my big screen was playing the latest Cowboys game."
- Unnamed story (IC: Daria reacts to fanfic), by SinisterExaggerator (COMPLETE!): "'So that was what all the hubbub was about,' Daria snarked as a firm hand blanked out 'Night of the Storm' from her computer screen. 'Well, Quinn, that was a trip. Do you--I mean, what do you think?'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: MY EYES THEY BURN!!), by Charles RB (COMPLETE!): "'Ruttheimer? Mr Charles Ruttheimer III?'" (continued by Shiva)
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: MY EYES THEY BURN!!), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "'MISS Morgendorffer, can you name the REASONS for the breakup of the United States?'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: MY EYES THEY BURN!!), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "'So.' Jane said. Her brother remained silent for a long moment, seeming to concentrate solely on smoking his cigarette. Finally he spoke, in his usual slow tone. 'So.'"
- Untitled Random Story #1 (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: MY EYES THEY BURN!!), by Shiva (COMPLETE!): "Daria sat in front of her laptop and took another drink, she had developed a taste for vodka during her time at Vance due to all the keggers she had gone to with Mack out of boredom (at first) and then alter an excuse to drink and not be judged for it."