Love Your Pet Day, but Helen doesn't look like she's feeling particularly affectionate toward Leary right now. A handful of Daria characters have pets, but very few of them appear onscreen. It's a shame, though--a Daria episode revolving around pets could have been amusing. Ah, well. I guess that's what fanfic is for!
- Choice and Chance for a Barksdale (Iron Chef: Daria The Youngest Barksdale), by EntrancedCat (part 1): "Newly minted fifteen-year-old Daria Barksdale yawned after her nap and smoothed down the pleats in her short black skirt. She left her room and padded down the stairs of her Baltimore townhouse."
- Daria: High School Reunion, by Serrallonga (part 9): "DARIA: Are you kidding me? TOMMY: See by yourself (he extends his hand). I'd explain, but it will be faster and more explicit if we do that Vulcan mind-reading thing. Please?"
- Edicius, by elainefr (part 24): "'Good morning ladies,' Helen walked into the Lane household looking around the next morning. Jane and Daria traded smirks while each taking a sip of the coffee that Trent had made after making a run to the all-night grocery store."
- A Girl and Her Cat, by neonhomer (part 2): "'So, who pays for the pizza this time?' Asked Jane as she finished her slice and reached for another one."
- A Lane’s Return to Lawndale (), by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 1): "Summer Lane looked at Lawndale from the roadside. She usually hated returning to the place. This time was no different."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: Daria The Youngest Barksdale), by Zetor (parts 2 and 3): "As she and Amy pulled up to the hotel, Daria spotted her other sisters, Rita and Helen, standing at the entrance alongside their significant others." (Part 3)