Poultry Day, or at least he was until Brittany and Kevin interrupted him. Now he might decide to stuff a few dim-witted students into the oven instead.
Speaking of chickening out (or in this case, not), today is also the anniversary of the episode "The Story of D," which aired on this day in 2001. Daria took a chance at getting a story published and was rejected, but not before we got some funny lines out of the experience. My favorite? This one:
Helen: Um, Tom's not here?
Daria: Not unless you've got him secreted somewhere on your person...you do, don't you.
- Burned Out, by Wrabbit7 (part 18): "The Peterson living room was filled with the sound of Samantha drumming on the coffee table, as well as empty soda cans, magazines, and an empty dinner plate with her drumsticks."
- Erin Chambers, by OzFerret (part 36): "Erin had taken advantage of her early departure from work and had showered and changed clothes before walking to the restaurant for the Library’s dinner. The route was familiar so she allowed her thoughts to wander."
- The Necessities, by EntrancedCat (part 1): "'Okay, everyone has their assignments,' Jim Carbone reminded his passengers as they pulled into Long Island’s Payday Mart’s parking lot."
- The Plague Of Daria (Daria and Quinn), by WildDogJJ (part 2): "Quinn's white Cadillac CTS is going down Main Street. Inside, Quinn was driving while Daria rode in the front passenger seat."
- The Stories in D, by Lady Evil (parts 5 and 6): "'Don’t you get it?' Lark said to the deer. 'You’re free now!' The deer refused to leave Lark’s side. 'Run for it! Before those monsters come back and drain you of your essence!'" (Part 6)