Thursday, April 16, 2020

The (Not-So) Great Educator


Mr. O'Neill's hoping that if he dresses as Charlie Chaplin on the comedian's birthday, then maybe it will feel like his students are laughing with him, not at him. (Spoiler alert: they're not laughing with him.)

Today is also National Stress Awareness Day, so be sure to tell Jake that you're aware of his stress. "Stressed? Why do people keep telling me I'm stressed? If I weren't stressed, I'd get stressed by everyone telling me I'm stressed!"

Fanfic Update!
  • Daria of Morsang-sur-Orge, by RĂ©mi (part 13): "Roland took seriously his promise of helping Daria to study, as he apparently took seriously any duty he accepted. In fact, « serious » and « dutiful » were the two words coming to Daria’s mind when she thought about the paladin."

  • Farewell, by browneyedbagel (COMPLETE!): "'I’ve been told that art is subjective. You can hang a painting on a wall for fifty people to look at, and it’s very reasonable to assume that there will be fifty different points of view about the significance of the art.'"

  • Unnamed story (The 1002 Deaths of Tom Sloane), by Lady Evil (part 1): "Tom Sloane woke to a feeling of blood rushing to his head. 'Where am I?' he groaned."

No comments: