Wednesday, December 16, 2020

A Cynic in Possession of a Good Fortune


Quinn and Daria are wishing Jane Austen a happy birthday, complete with a bracing spot of tea and a vapor-curing powder. Daria is likely a fan, if only because she did a very good job of parodying the author's work in "Write Where it Hurts."

I happen to be an Austen fan, but I'll be spending most of my day celebrating National Chocolate Covered Anything Day because, well, chocolate! I really am the Mrs. Johanssen of the fandom, aren't I?

Fanfic Update!
  • Dysfunction Junction, by WildDogJJ (part 2): "Quinn is alone in the office talking on the phone. Quinn: 'Sandi, I wanna apologize for my family's behavior last night.'"

  • The Horn Identity (General "Daria in Morrowind" Thread), by welltemperedclavier (COMPLETE!): "Dad hadn’t shaved his horns in a while."

  • I STAY, by O-L-D-D (part 2): "The universe has a sadistic sense of humour as right across the street from that very party, a certain dark-haired artist was sitting bored in a living room."

  • Mysteries of Lawndale 03: Night of the Coffee House, by cfardell_Brenorenz29 (part 6): "'You’re here just in time,' Helen said to her daughters as they entered the kitchen. 'Dinner is ready.'"

  • Nuclear Family, by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "'Honey, I'm home!' Quinn called out as she walked into the front door. She hung her fedora on the hat rack, loosened her tie, and plopped down in her armchair. 'Boy, you would not believe the day I had at work.'"

No comments: