Today we celebrate Yuri's Night, which honors space exploration in general and cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin in particular. It was on this day in 1961 that Gagarin made the first human spaceflight in history.
I know we have several space travel enthusiasts in fandom, so feel free to geek out in the comments.
- Daria/Power Rangers: Watching the Watchmen, by Charles RB (parts 12 and 13): "Daria Morgendorffer: they said she'd killed the first Green Ranger, that she'd survived the Cross World massacre when Karl Ziktor had been exposed, that she had Director Flemming's ear. She looked smaller that you'd expect." (Part 13)
- Different Tracks, by ognawk (part 2): "Tom and Daria sat in the car, going for a drive around various areas of Lawndale. Daria was surprised to see Tom just turn up at the house, but he was interesting company to her. Intelligent, well read and, as much as she actually hated to admit it, she thought he was kind of cute as well."
- 18-0, by SacredDust (COMPLETE!): "Sandi and Linda sat quietly on their living room couch, watching the closing moments of WrestleMania XXVI. Sandi sniffed and dabbed at her eyes with a tissue, unable to believe what had just happened." (Part 2)
- A Great Alternative (Shorty Shorts), by ognawk (COMPLETE!): "'Hey, Daria, this is, uh...' 'Tom. Tom Sloane,' he said, introducing himself. When he said that, he could have sworn he noticed a change in the artist's mood."
- The Only Pair, by SentrytheDefiant (part 10): "Jake might've been oblivious to certain things but he knew when something was bothering his son. Rich was staring out the windshield as he drove the car with ease but his normal cheerful smile was replaced by a deep frown."
- The Real Reasons Why Daria and Tom Didn't, You Know (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "After she'd agreed to go to the 'next stage' with Tom, Daria thought about it for the fiftieth time and decided that she couldn't go through with it."
- Without Warning, by SentrytheDefiant (parts 5 and 6): "As if Lawndale High couldn't get any more ridiculous, a modeling agency was going to be scouting out the 'talent'. Jace suspected their definition of that word had to be VERY loose if they were resorting to such drastic measures." (Part 6)