Helen's chugging along on this National Train Day, and anyone who's faced off against her in the courtroom (or at the kitchen table) knows better than to get in her way. I know of at least one train enthusiast in fandom, so here's to you, railway fans! Good luck with those pesky smoke pellets.
- Alienation, by malakite (part 13): "The thing flinched away at the question. Then it seemed to gather itself and replied 'I'm right here!'"
- ASPS, by PrecambrianStudios (part 65): "Ethan awoke to the sound of thunder. Slowly, arms raised in front of him, he sat up in his bed, his head turning slightly to the window. Outside, the wind howled and the sky cracked as the hurricane descended on Lawndale."
- Credence, by Astrocar82 (part 10): "Daria had started to show some signs of activity over the last few days, but her physical presence was still deteriorating. Her skin was off-color and drawn so tightly that it looked as if her bones would poke through. Her hair had grown back, but looks like a series of strings. Black circles still dominated her eyes."
- Hemming's Way, by ognawk (part 9): "Cassidy looked up and noticed the brown haired figure of Tom Sloane standing in front of her. 'Oh hello, Tom. Sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention.' 'That's OK, Cassidy. I'm glad I bumped into you actually. Or nearly did, at least.'"
- Moving Day, by 1TakeJohnny (COMPLETE!): "Cool, crisp air rushed past Daria Morgendorffer's face as the family sedan rolled dependably along a Massachusetts highway. The deep gray storm clouds that loomed in the sky earlier that morning had begun to give way, and rays from the August sun began to peek around the corners. 'Couldn't ask for better weather for the big day, huh kiddo?'" (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4) (Part 5)
- Online Dating is Serious Business (Scenes No Daria Fan-Fic Should Have: No longer in the 1%), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "'Right here, I'm so excited for this. This will be the coolest thing ever.' Stacy jumped about in her seat with unrestrained enthusiasm for the what was to follow. This was better than any date, any sample sale."
- Possibilities, by Sureia (part 3): "'How come Grandpa isn't driving us? You know that these levels of parental involvement scare us, right?'"
- The Skirt Sketch, by JPAGC (COMPLETE!): "Sandi: Hello, Theresa. I'd like to, like, file a complaint!"
- Star Trek: Daria - Resurrection, by echopapa (part 5): "Daria emerged from her bedroom wearing a green and black jumpsuit with short black boots. 'Somehow, it suits you,' Wesley said. 'Are you up for a tour of Engineering?'"
- That Other Morgendorffer, by Princess_Pasta (part 1): "'How you holding up, son?' Jake called from the driver's seat, completely ignoring the request of his youngest child. The tall, slender boy sitting in the middle hadn't uttered a word since they left Texas. He adjusted his dark, prescription glasses and shrugged."
- Tigresses of Lawndale, by taishigi (part 17): "Overall, Daria had to admit, as the school year continued after Jane's show at the museum, she was far busier than she had anticipated and she was not totally thrilled by that."
- Unnamed story (First Draft, Stacy/Fluttershy - no grammar or spelling ...), by ashk09 (part 1): "For the fiftieth time that night, Stacy Rowe wondered what the hell she was doing out here."
- Unnamed story ([Iron Chef – Round Robin – Free For All] Time Loops), by Wraith (parts 9 - 12): "Nathan stopped to check his hair in the reflection of a store window. Not that he was worried -- he was a Dapper Dan man, after all -- but it never hurt to be careful. He made a few unneeded adjustments, then turned to continue down the street." (Part 10 by NightGoblyn) (Part 11) (Part 12 by NightGoblyn)
- Without Warning, by SentrytheDefiant (part 15): "'We will scour the land with the blood of the innocent. All mortal souls will fall to the underworld.' 'Laying it on a little thick, are we?'"