Friday, December 12, 2014

The Price is...Cool


Jesse's looking more enthusiastic than usual in this alter ego of game show host Bob Barker, who celebrates his 91st birthday today. I'm not sure I can picture Jesse as a game show host, but I suppose it makes about as much sense as his Is It College Yet? alter ego of singing in a choir. Either way, he'd have to put on a shirt.

Progress is still slowly being made on repairing the PPMB database, but be sure to keep checking the news on the Paperpusher MB twitter feed while you talk to other Daria fans on The Sh33p's Fluff Message Board.

Once again, thank you to Kara Wild and Scissors MacGillicutty for all of your hard work in getting everything working again!

In the meantime, what has everyone else in fandom been up to while the board is down? I've been getting a surprising amount of writing in. How about you? Let us know in the comments.

7 comments:

E. A. Smith said...

My current job is taking care of a newborn 24/7. Haven't had the chance to think of much more than that in the last couple of weeks.

Kristen Bealer said...

Congratulations! It does get easier; I promise.

InvisibleDan said...

This has been a mini vacation for me. The past few weeks have been hectic in real life. (I mean, I collapse into slumber with all the lights still on a few times a week.) I'll be ready when PPMB comes back, though. I'm starting to miss the fanfics.

Scissors MacGillicutty said...

The purge of old posts is still running. The forums being pruned as of now are General, Nicks, Deep Thoughts, and Weapons of Mass Destruction: everything in those forums with a *TOPIC* whose last post was before 1 January of this year in those forums will be deleted. About 40,000 posts have been deleted, with 210,000 left to go. Then Site5 will have to run a database rebuild/optimize, and then we'll know how much space we've freed.

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to archive anything?

Scissors MacGillicutty said...

Re archive: there is a backup of the entire database prior to the deletions, so while people's old posts won't be accessible from the PPMB, they are not gone. The question is where and how will they be made available? I haven't thought about that. But if you really Really REALLY REALLY want your old posts from General, Nick's WMD, or Deep Thoughts, contact me (if you don't know how, ask someone who does, and plenty of people do) and I'll see what I can do—but I have to also add, I will get to it when I can, and these requests will not be a priority. Sorry, but that's the size of it.

Serrallonga said...

I have decided to take this opportunity to start a little period of meditation, self-knowledge and hard work, as you can see in this video XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKu4aEhNwBo