Ms. Barch is looking classy as the late actress Marlene Dietrich, who was born on this day in 1901. Aside from this alter ego and their German last names, I'm not sure the two women have anything in common.
Today is also the "birthday" of Howdy Doody, who made his first appearance on this day in 1947. I don't know if the resemblance between the marionette and Upchuck was intentional, but Andrea certainly seemed to think so.
- Baby It's Cold Outside, by elainefr (COMPLETE!): "'Come on, just a little while more,' Trent tried to coerce Daria into staying a bit longer. 'I really can't... I've got to get back...'"
- Daria Takes Charge, by dmsfanman (parts 7 - 8): "The restaurant was really nice. The décor was classic Bavarian country style – even though they were not in Bavaria. There were various scenes painted on the wall and the beer was excellent!" (Part 8)
- Murder, She Etched, by Sacred Dust (parts 4 and 5): "When Amanda came back into the dining room, she saw that Jane had changed tables and was talking quietly with Percy, the well-spoken young man with the book. Jane nodded to let her know everything was all right." (Part 5)
- Saved By the Bell, or: The Unexpected Virtue of Sarcasm, by Two-Eyed Charlie (COMPLETE!): "So there I was, coming out of the Mall of the Millennium with an arm full of Christmas presents, just about to reach the snow bank next to my parked car, when I felt the grip of a pistol smash into my skull."
- Theory of Aesthetics, by Anonymous (COMPLETE!): "'Okay but so like, are there any paintings here that aren't totally depressing?' Quinn yelled from the next room over. 'Okay, but, so, like, do you even know what paint is for if it doesn't go on your eyelids?' Jane yelled right back at her."