Be grateful for what you have on National Roof over Your Head Day, although I think Daria's not so much grateful as praying that roof stays right where it is. She may also be contemplating going up to her usual hiding place on top of the school roof, but that won't work because it's not National Roof Under Your Feet Day. If you have a roof over your head, I hope it stays up, keeping you safe from both head injuries and Medieval fairs.
- Cynic and a Six-String, by fringeperson (part 42): "'Okay, so I had this idea,' Jane started. 'There's a dangerous sentence,' Daria quipped."
- Daria, the Radio serial, by Roentgen (parts 1 and 2): "JAKE: Girls, I just want you to know your mother and I realize it's not easy moving to a whole new town - especially for you, Daria, right? DARIA: Did we move?" (Part 2)
- The Life of the Mind, by Two-Eyed Charlie (part 1): "Let me paint the scene for you: I was standing in the middle of my room, staring down the shape edge of a knife, watching as its thick coat of red dripped onto the carpet."
- The Many Trents at Forty, by Cap (COMPLETE!): "A sunny, breezy spring day in late May found Trent chauffeuring his sister Jane and her friend Daria to the campus of Smallwood Community College."
- Misery Machine, by NightGoblyn (part 15): "In a different part of the forest, Andrea closed the well-concealed door that she'd found almost by accident and looked around the small room hidden behind it. There was a toilet and a sink, so this was probably one of the comfort stations Big Jim had told them about."
- Moonstruck, by NightGoblyn (part 6): "Daria stood at her locker, shuffling books in and out of her backpack for her first couple of classes. She mostly carried the books for show, she hadn't actually needed to crack a textbook since fourth grade."
- A.R.C Chapter 8 Sighted by a condor, by ST91 (part 2): "Usually Daria and her friends spent their afternoons at Jane's home or at Andrea's. In this particular time, given the presence of Amy, the four teens went only to Jane's house."
- Unnamed story (Iron Chef: the Early Invention of 'Daria'), by EntrancedCat (COMPLETE!): "'Mo-om,' Quinn opened their bedroom door and called down the hall. 'Daria, eww, Daria went to bed naked again. Make her stop.'"
- Unnamed story (World's Shortest Crossover, Part XIV: The Crossover Awakens!), by MetalShadowX (part 1): "Daria and Jane escaped from a prison when they encountered a meek looking gentleman and a little girl. 'Hello strangers. My name is Tim. May I help...'"