World Milk Day, but I hope he doesn't spill it. Not because I'm worried he'll cry over it (although he might), but because I fear he'll set the kitchen on fire again if he tries to clean it up.
Also on this day in 1997, The Washington Post published an article about Daria. It's an interesting look at the show from the early days, and if you haven't read it yet I recommend it.
- And You Are? (Iron Chef : Daria and Helen have the same age), by neonhomer (part 1): "Helen Morgendorffer sat at her desk as she was shuffling papers into order. 'Oh sure Eric, I'll be more than happy to come in late and finish the Hansen case.' She said aloud."
- Division I Recruiting, by Brother Grimace (part 1): "Mack Mackenzie glanced over at the pretty, light-skinned Black girl with the mass of shaggy, brownish hair tied back into a heavy ponytail. He noted that her friends kept turning her back towards him and the cadet beside him, and her blush kept getting deeper each time she made eye contact with him."
- The Interview, by dmsfanman (part 3): "In the conference area Hattie was setting up submarine sandwiches on a long side table. She had brought the sandwiches in from a nearby deli. A couple of the other writers were already there and looking over Hattie's shoulder."
- No Bad Deed Goes Unrewarded (Iron Chef: Mack's Dark Side), by Kristen Bealer (COMPLETE!): "Mack was fuming as he walked to school. How dare she? he thought as he stormed down the street. It's bad enough that she decided to dump me completely out of nowhere, but over the phone? First thing in the morning? She couldn't even wait another hour to tell me to my face?"
- On The Road, by elainefr (part 42): "'I really wish that you hadn't gone there Quinn,' Stacey told her over the phone. 'Max has enough going on- with the tour- and stuff.'"
- Tyranny of Evil Men (Iron Chef: Mack's Dark Side), by Two-Eyed Charlie (COMPLETE!): "Mack pushed open the door of Lawndale's lone Blockbuster, a VHS copy of Muppet Treasure Island tucked under his arm, and quietly made his way to the return slot."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by Vukodlak (COMPLETE!): "Far away in some medieval Fantasy setting. 'So let me get this straight....' Jane muttered turning to Daria and Tom."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by WacoKid (COMPLETE!): "'Good news, everybody!' Jane yelled to the gathered Daria cast. 'We're getting a new show!' 'What? That's amazing!' Jake said. 'When! Where!'"
- What really happened to Tommy Sherman (Iron Chef: Mack's Dark Side), by Kuriamo22 (COMPLETE!): "Tommy Sherman laid at the base of goal post in Lawndale's stadium barely conscious with the detached goal laying nearby. He had hit it going all out like many times in the past during his glorious high school career, however he never expected it to break like it did."