Camera Day, but also to remind you all that if you wish to record your loved ones on camera then it's best to get their permission first. Quinn further adds that if you are requested to stop zooming, then for the love of God stop zooming! Oh, and she also wants to make sure everyone knows that her pores are both cute and tiny.
On another note, today is the anniversary of the episode "Gifted," which first aired on this day in 1998. Although Daria and Jodie ultimately decided against attending Grove Hills, more than one fanfic has explored what might happen if one or both had decided to go there after all. It generally does not end up being an improvement over Lawndale High, which supports Daria's point that "life sucks no matter what, so don't be fooled by location changes."
- The Absolute Bastard, by Brother Grimace (COMPLETE!): "The stocky man with heavy-lidded eyes stepped out from the armored guard post (to the eyes of most, it may as well have been called a 'bunker'), and let his eyes run over the old, yet well-kept pickup truck before he looked up to see the driver - a slender young man in a Navy service uniform." (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4)
- Atlas Scowled Or How I fell in love with the Free Market (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: 600 Years Afterward.....), by Kuriamo22 (COMPLETE!): "It was a dark and rainy night in New York city whose lights reflected off the dark low clouds. Daria quietly sat in the living room of the luxury hotel room she was staying at during her business trip."
- Daria Ravenclaw: The Highland Years, by Meester_Lee (part 18a): "Daria counted on Jessie Markham's friendship as a given. Jessie was one of the people that made Highland tolerable, that they could talk about things that didn't involve boys or football, and that they'd both be there for each other."
- The Interview, by dmsfanman (COMPLETE!): "The two women rode up in the elevator and walked to Mr. Bergen's office. As they walked past the secretary Daria noticed that the door was open."
- The More Things Change (Iron Chef: The New Canon), by Two-Eyed Charlie (parts 9 and 10): "It was now late Saturday evening, and a noticeable layer of rainwater covered every inch of the island of Manhattan." (Part 10)
- Of Inhuman Bonding, by Kristen Bealer (part 4): "The Fashion Club was settling into their sleeping bags (or, in Sandi's case, the bed). No one had spoken above a quiet murmur since they'd come into the room, and no one had spoken directly to Stacy at all. Stacy said nothing, but the viciousness with which she was punching her pillow left no question about how she felt."
- Second Chances, by Lady Evil (part 5): "I wonder if he's forgotten. Jane thought as she walked up the steps. If he's asleep, I'm never bothering with him again! Before she could knock, the door opened and there was Jesse, wearing running shorts, sneakers and very little else."