Independence Day, and to all the Daria fans in the U.S., I hope it's a happy one for you! I'm not sure exactly what the Holiday Island version of Independence Day would be like, but I assume alcohol and pyrotechnics would be involved. If you're in the mood for a holiday celebration then feel free to start with this selection of Fourth-of-July themed fanfics:
- Fireworks by C.E. Forman
- Freedom of Speech (Falling into College) by Richard Lobinske
- Fun on the Fourth (First Summer) by Richard Lobinske
- Independence (Finn Morgendorffer) by HolyGrail2007
- Life is Like A Firework (Daria - The Next Chapter) by LadieT
- Aurora, by Lady Evil (part 18): "'What are you gonna do tonight?' Jane asked Trent in their living room. 'Play hockey, I guess.' he said. He was wearing the red and black jersey and pads the station provided for him."
- Because I Got High, by ladylace616 (COMPLETE!): "The group decided to watch the movie Pineapple Express together one evening."
- Cuckoos On Infinite Earths, by Smijey and Charles RB (parts 20 - 23): "'Girls, I just want you to know your mother and I realize it's not easy moving to a whole new town,' Janice Walker told her two daughters." (Part 21) (Part 23)
- Fates Entwined, by Deep Metal (part 19): "'So, uh, these two are Beavis and Butt-head?' Tom looked at the two, scratching his head. Kevin and Tom both examined Beavis and Butt-head."
- My Breast Fiend, by Smijey (part 6): "'You can't go!' Quinn cried out. 'You'll ruin everything!' Darius gave Jane an I-told-you-this-was-a-bad-idea-now-can-I-just-get-into-a-bathtub-with-a-plugged-in-toaster-oven look, but she paid him no mind."
- Options, by Brother Grimace (parts 9 - 11): "'Hey! Asshole! Move your fucking crutches!' Luttrell Ingram Thompson (he went by his full name, as he hadn't been close enough to anyone in years to have picked up a nickname, or any other term of friendship or endearment) left his train of thought at the sound of the voice, and moved his forearm crutches from where they had slipped out into the aisle of the bus." (Part 10) (Part 11)
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen (parts 131 and 132): "For the second year in a row, the Legionnaires prepared to meet in their new space-age meeting room. Daria joked that it was the 'room from the future'." (Part 132)