National Lollipop Day, but I think she's less likely to eat the candy than she is to whack whoever tricked her into wearing that dress and wig over the head with it.
Speaking of Jane, today is also the anniversary of the episode "See Jane Run," which aired on this day in 1998. Perhaps Evan, having eventually being revealed as a jerk, will be next in line for a candy clobbering.
- Changing Lanes, by midnightabyss86 (parts 11 and 12): "'Um, I hope my parents didn't give you the third degree while you were waiting for me,' said Daria, as she and Trent drove out of her neighborhood. 'I would have been down sooner, but once Quinn saw that the only shoes of mine that she could match to your eyes were my combat boots, there was no stopping her.'" (Part 12)
- Cuckoos On Infinite Earths, by Smijey and Erin M. (parts 24 and 25): "Janice knew that she was dreaming, this time. It didn't help." (Part 25)
- Erin Chambers, by OzFerret (part 2): "Erin hung her outside coat on the rack and placed her bag under her Desk. Still shivering she looked around the office. Why does anyone live this far north? It is so cold. They cannot all be escaping their grandmother."
- Fates Entwined, by Deep Metal (part 20): "'Are you certain about this, young lady?' demanded Agent Flemming. 'Because making false statements towards the government is a serious federal crime.'"
- Second Chance for Love, by David Falkayn (part 18): "'Good news, szereto.' Elizaveta said as she spoke to her girlfriend over the phone. 'Anya and Apa agreed to me staying home instead of going camping with everyone else.'"
- Strange Love (Quinn, Season 5), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Jim is opening presents in front of his parents, Tony and Gina. Also present are his brother, Chris, and his Uncle, Vito. It's Jim's sixteenth birthday. Jim opens one. It's a video game." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Roentgen and Brother Grimace (parts 137 and 138): "Sandi Griffin and Mack Mackenzie waited in the office reserved for them at the Legion Academy. 'Do you think that she knows what's coming?' Sandi said." (Part 138)
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by OzFerret (COMPLETE!): "Jane Lane paced nervously around the quickly drawn meeting room. She was too agitated to sit. Where was he? He should have been here 15 minutes ago. This was a typical power play and it did not bode well."
- The Wrath of Con (formerly Aurora), by Lady Evil (part 19): "Danny answered the door one Saturday to find Artie on his porch with a large grocery bag. 'Hey, Danny!' he said. 'Wanna make 520 bucks?'"