Different Colored Eyes Day, although I don't know if "bulging" counts as a color. I suppose "bloodshot" does, though. He might want to have a talk with Quinn about colored contact lenses, which of course will lead into a conversation about changing hairstyles and getting a whole new wardrobe and oops I think the eye just popped out entirely.
Of course, I should point out that the picture is technically of Metalmouth, which is appropriate because today is also the anniversary of the episode "Legends of the Mall," which aired on this day in 2000. Metalmouth made his only appearance there, as did the Rattling Girl of Lawndale and the House of Bad Grades. Lawndale sure is full of urban legends that were never ever mentioned again, huh?
- Changing Lanes, by midnightabyss86 (part 8): "'YOO HOO! SIS!" 'Agh!' Quinn woke up with a fright. Her head was throbbing. The sunlight pouring through her bedroom window hurt her eyes."
- Coffee, by Zetor (part 2g): "'I guess so,' Stacy agreed, giving Daria's hand a final squeeze before letting go and standing up. 'I'm going to go take the turkey out. Can you take those to the kitchen?' she asked, gesturing to the now mostly empty plate and mugs on the coffee table."
- Daria's Great Adventure, by dmsfanman (part 6): "Daria watched as the last bucket of regolith was poured on top of the High Oxygen Outland Central Habitat or HOOCH for short."
- Decisions, by elainefr (part 20): "'You two seem better,' Jane spoke to her sister in law while they shared a glass of tea for Jane and water for the extremely pregnant mother to be."
- Erin Chambers, by OzFerret (part 1): "Erin held the paycheck in both hands and read her name again. They would have the bank details in their system next week. 'Yes. Finally getting my own life back' she thought."
- Jenna – Just your regular spellslinging gal, by Wassersauefer (COMPLETE!): "A lot of stories begin with a tragedy. Or a joke. One of the two is the classical move in storytelling and often set's the entire theme for the story which will follow." (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Quinn The Matchmaker (Quinn, Season 5), by WildDogJJ (COMPLETE!): "Daria is in her room reading a book. Her look is a little different. Her glasses are wire frams but instead of a sweater or a bulky green jacket she's wearing a green t-shirt that, while not super tight, does reveal that she has curves." (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Unnamed story (LLH Short Entries #2), by Brother Grimace (part 135): "'Oh, my. That's a sight that brings back memories.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by LongSnakeMoan (COMPLETE!): "'I don't like this red one. It makes you look...tacky.' 'Nathan, I like this dress. You know, red lips, red soul, favourite colour and all that jazz.' Jane smiled as she saw herself."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by OzFerret (COMPLETE!): "Trent listened to the stranger on the phone. Trent replied. 'I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my sister go now, that'll be the end of it.'"
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Silver (COMPLETE!): "'Have I mentioned your dad's modifications to the staircase are much appreciated?' Daria asked Jane as the pair stared out the window."
- Unnamed story (Scenes No Daria fanfic should have: The Saga Goes On), by Smijey (COMPLETE!): "Daria was unpacking her stuff in her dorm room at Raft when a knock came at the door. 'Come in, it's unlocked,' she called out."